GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is in from NY and is renting a bmw. Going to take him on the loop up the back way to Prescott, over to Cottonwood, across to Payson and back to town.

I will not know leave time until Sunday when he gets into town, so if you want to join, PM me your contact info so I can e-mail, PM or call you on Sunday night.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i work sundays, have agreat ride...

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Nice loop; the weather will be picture perfect.

Too bad I'm stuck here @ work this weekend... ::sigh::

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the 23rd is Monday...so come on and ride :coffee1:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hope the wind wasn't to bad for you guys. I had to go to Flag and help the father in law. He lives out in one of the windiest places there is up there. I took the trike and got off I40 and crossing over to the north side though I was going over the side, think wind was in the 30 to 40 mph range. Down by the house it running 10 to 20 mph.
Hope you guys enjoyed yourselfs.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope the wind wasn't to bad for you guys. I had to go to Flag and help the father in law. He lives out in one of the windiest places there is up there. I took the trike and got off I40 and crossing over to the north side though I was going over the side, think wind was in the 30 to 40 mph range. Down by the house it running 10 to 20 mph.
Hope you guys enjoyed yourselfs.
Yes had a very plesant ride. Only a few gusts coming across 260 into Verde Valley from Payson, and quite windy (steady) going into Prescott on 169. Did not go through Jerome as my friend had not been on a bike for quite a few years and decided he did not need the technical challenge of going that way. Still did 300+ miles :cool:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good move not to go though Jerome, with the snow melt and crap on the road from last week storm, I won't go though Jerome until most of the malt done. Glad you guys had a good ride because good rides and good friends are hard to come by and to have both at the same time is just to good to be true.:p

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Good move not to go though Jerome, with the snow melt and crap on the road from last week storm, I won't go though Jerome until most of the malt done. Glad you guys had a good ride because good rides and good friends are hard to come by and to have both at the same time is just to good to be true.:p
Jerome was Dry.

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Bummer read this too late .

We went to Wickenburg, Yarnell, Prescott (Lunch), Jerome, Flagstaff, Mormon Lake, Strawberry ( for Pie alamode) Payson and down the hill back home.

Hit some Rain on the way to Stawberry wow was it Chilly LOL felt good.
See, you Maricopa County guys have all the fun roads...I'd have to add another 200+ miles, just to get to the good stuff... :lol:

I gotta consider a Show Low run soon...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts