GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...bulb by myself today. friend says he did it by just removing the right glove box. I have small hands so I am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've never had to do it myself, but be sure to not handle the bulb with bare hands. The oil from your hands will cause the bulb to burn out prematurely. I was a maintenance man in a previous life!:lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had to replace my right side high-beam bulb a few weeks ago. No big deal to do. As mentioned, remove the storage bin and reach in through the opening. I did both sides since I went to the Silverstar bulbs as an upgrade for lighting. The right side was much easier to replace then the left side do to the wire harness routing on the left. Left side had very restricted hand access the bulb and the removal of the headlamp sealing grommet on the left was the hardest part of the replacement.

This was done on a 2005. Your's may be completely differnet if the wire harness routing is not the same as mine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 2005 also and I just did the job....but the new light does not work wither. Must be a wiring problem. The opera light down by the front wheel along side the brake doesn't light either. I still have 2 weeks left on the warranty so the dealership will have to fix the problem.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Do both when your are changing them. The other one will go out quickly after the first one blows. Also use Standard H7 bulbs. The higher the output of the bulbs the quicker they burn out, and you will be doing it all over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts