GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Traxxion in the morning. Supposed to be 17 degrees at the house in the morning! I have never ridden in that cold of weather. 23 without heated clothes is my tops. This ought to be interesting. I am sure of one thing. The ride home will much more fun than the drive there. I might have to head north to do some beta testing!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Have a safe trip and look out for black ice on the roads. Please give us a report when you get back.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Whatcha getting done......whatcha getting???

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Toyo said:
Its a top secret operation between Max and I. Time will tell!

Oh boy......I'll for sure never be able to keep up with you now!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
17 will not be much of a workout for the Gerbings!

10 is though! :lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
17 degrees has been my lowest so far since I've purchased the Wing using the "Layered Look". 8)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is 16.9 outside right now. I shaking, I'm scared to go out. However that will not stop me.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Toyo said:
It is 16.9 outside right now. I shaking, I'm scared to go out. However that will not stop me.

I can attest that Gerbings are good at least down to 8 degrees at 80mph, but thats with the whole suit-socks, pants liner, jacket liner, gloves, and some good jacket and pant shells. DO BE CAREFUL for black ice. I ride mine everyday unless it snows or need a buncha groceries.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just did a little 10 mile run for the paper in 11 degrees. No heated clothing, but my grips and seat cranked up.

I was too busy concentrating on not losing the bike on the slippery streets to worry about being cold.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Gerbering pants

Have you guys got the pants liners and like them the ones I tried them and they barely got warm here in MN so I passed on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts