Registered
882 Posts
I'll be there tonight.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went to the show Saturday

liked it better than other years mainly because it was not so crowded this year but still plenty of folks there

one big surprise was that BMW was not there, i wonder if they were at any of the other motorcycle shows this year ?

not many lift manufactures there this year, i don't think there were any table lifts

HONDA, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley, KTM, Can Am, Victory, Kymco, Ducati all had big displays

the Honda trike with 2 wheels on the front that was at some of the other shows was not there, i did ask one trike dealer about it and he had never heard of it

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mike, I was at the Chicago show and BMW had a display there with their new GS800-FS. My Brother in Seattle has the GS650-FS, I thought his bike was great, this new GS800 is a beast, in a good way. It stands taller than the GS650. The price is $$$$$$. With all the factory extras, around $12,000.00 I thought the dealer said, I could be wrong. LOTS of people at the Chicago show.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We got there at noon there was a large crowd then. The Fury was drawing lots of interest. Pictures don't do it justice. I liked the flat gray with black wheels. In fact I would not mind trading my Shadow in for one. The Progressive and Ducati ladies were easy on the eyes. Some of the smaller vendors were missing from last year.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, I was at the Chicago show and BMW had a display there with their new GS800-FS. My Brother in Seattle has the GS650-FS, I thought his bike was great, this new GS800 is a beast, in a good way. It stands taller than the GS650. The price is $$$$$$. With all the factory extras, around $12,000.00 I thought the dealer said, I could be wrong. LOTS of people at the Chicago show.
EZ Reiter i would have loved to see the new BMW GS800, last i heard BMW had kinda put building GS800's on the back burner because they were swamped with worldwide orders for GS650

some folks may have misunderstood my comments about attendance, there were plenty of folks there but it was not way over crowded like other years , i liked it a lot better without the overwhelming crowds

·
Registered
769 Posts
i would have loved to see the new BMW GS800
BMW of Milwaukee which is down the road from me has one in stock and the color is black. You are right about the GS650FS's flying out the door, the salesman that I was talking to sold his last two used GS650's a week before the Chicago show. I was telling him about my Brothers GS650 and the salesguy ask if my Brother would be interested in selling it or trading it in. I told the salesguy that my Brother lives in Seattle and the salesguy said sooo, we will still buy it if is good shape. I gave my brother a call, told him the news and he called the dealer. My brother is looking @ maybeee trading it in for the GS800, the price is a lot better here than out there in Washington State for the GS800, time will tell. I really do not think he will pull the trigger, he loves that bike. It's a good bike for the hilly back roads and off road in the Seattle area. Lots of good off road riding out there in tho's hills.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tourman, Saw the new Kawi Voyager. I thought it looked cool, HD like but different. Didn't really like the side panniers, seemed a little flimsy to me. But a very comfortable sit.
Steve

·
Registered
964 Posts
We went to the show on Friday. The crowd was smaller than normal, it was easier to walk around and talk to the vendors. I was surprised that there was no BWM display.

G

·
We went Saturday morning and I think the vender involvement was way down this year. Very few new things at the show and Guzzi, BMW all missing, I really wanted to see the new Guzzi's, Guess I will have to go to Leo's. Very few custom paints or customs at all. Sunglasses seemed to be the big push along with $4000 campers.
The highlight of the event was the display by Victory. No doubt the finest bikes in the cruiser market. Great paint and detail, their stock lineup beats most of the HD custom designs (the exception is the Vision which looks even worse close up) As far as Honda - same o same o, Fury is a shadow with fewer parts, VTX is really big and clumsy looking, GL added pale goofy blue but the ST13 was hot.
Same with the Kawasaki Concours 14 - nice nice nice.

I think I will just go to Moto Primo and Leo's and see all the same bikes for free next time. Plus free coffee and cookies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts