GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a Kumho - Ecsta SPT (KU31) Runflat after I had a m/t go flat on me in Iuka, MS last weekend. I am planning on running around 34psi. I have a 2001 Goldwing and I was just wondering I have to change the psi when I go from solo to 2up. I have it ordered and it will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on your new tire. Welcome to the Darkside!!

I don't run that tire. Each tire is different, so you may have to adjust the pressure for your desired riding feel when going from 1 to 2. I am running 32 in the Michelin and can't feel a difference 1 up or 2 so I check it and leave it alone. Thats just my personal preference and experience with the CT I am running.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I keep 34 in mine all the time. That is just where I like it. Some say the center will wear too fast, but the whole idea is for MY comfort, and still get better wear then the round tire.
The sensus seems to be 30 to 36, find what makes YOU happy, that is what it is for.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats:welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may start with the 32 and the go to the 34 and see how I like it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just put that same tire last night. Wow what a difference in the ride. I am running it at 32 psi right now. I hope to put on a few hundred miles over the weekend and see whats happeneds. A new dark sider and loving it. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats great!!!! I hope to be on mine this weekend also.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I get the number and decal?

·
Registered
90 Posts
send TJRanch a private message for the sticker adn PM MURGIE for your number

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to say thanks for all of the information on the Kumho RF. I received my Kumho today and put it on the bike. I started my test ride and another yellow Goldwing pulled up beside me with a car tire on his. God works in wonderful ways. I talked to him for a while and he advised he had his c/t on for about 15,000 and it looked great. I loved the ride my Kumho gave and I can't say anything bad about the ride. I am going to do a lot more riding tomorrow. I am a happy camper with the c/t. Thanks again for the help.:p:yes::yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I want to say thanks for all of the information on the Kumho RF. I received my Kumho today and put it on the bike. I started my test ride and another yellow Goldwing pulled up beside me with a car tire on his. God works in wonderful ways. I talked to him for a while and he advised he had his c/t on for about 15,000 and it looked great. I loved the ride my Kumho gave and I can't say anything bad about the ride. I am going to do a lot more riding tomorrow. I am a happy camper with the c/t. Thanks again for the help.:p:yes::yes::yes::yes:
Wasn't me! :congrats: Badboy:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside.

It's very scary being over here because so many that have never tried a CT are sure we will all kill ourselves and burn in Hell for our transgressions.

Yep, and the earth is flat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have put over 350 miles on my Kumho over the last 2 days and I am going to stay with the c/t. I went riding this morning and the tire handled perfect in the curves on the backroads. To me the c/t feels more stable then the m/t. I will be staying on the Darkside.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes: Glad to see you have not crashed & burned.:eek:4:

·
Registered
259 Posts
:congrats::coffee1:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts