GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the initial planning stages of a trip for next fall. We are coming from Texas to do the Black Hills, Yellowstone, Glacier etc. My vacation is actually Sept 16th but due to my job description I can be off before and after. What can I USUALLY expect in this area around the first week or two of September as far as road conditions. I fully understand weather being fickle and the road can close at a moments notice.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
We were there mid September this year and had great weather. My buddy has a cabin in White Fish and says September is generally good, October can go either direction. 7 out of 10 years the pass is open mid October.

Take the shot, you only go around once.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice... that's a trip that I've been wanting to do for a long time. Oh yeah... I fully understand your ability to take time off on either side of your vacation based on your job description. ;)

How much time are you planning for this trip?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Montana

Thanks everyone.

GLFlyer - who are you with. AA? SWA? Eagle?

Nothing that seniority and a well placed phone call can't handle. Cough Cough

Hopefully three weeks but we are going to really sight see

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
LOL! Yep... seniority and a "sickation" call. ;)

I'm actually with ExpressJet. Probably one of the largest airlines most people have never heard of. 4400+ pilots and 400+ aircraft. ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Montana

Got us outnumbered. We are down to 2700 +/- ...but at least we are canceling flights due to a lack of crews...all the while we still have some on furlough. Our CEO is going to save money no matter how much it costs.

Still hoping to hang it up at 60 in less than three years.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Still hoping to hang it up at 60 in less than three years.
Folks like me are hoping guys like you bug out at 60 instead of 65... anything I can do to help? LOL! ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Montana

Folks like me are hoping guys like you bug out at 60 instead of 65... anything I can do to help? LOL! ;)

Send money

AND always vote for more money in retirement....you will be there before you know it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That is my next dream trip!!!! We must be neighbors....... Keep me informed of your plans, sounds great.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Some friends and I rode to Sturgis before the rally started. It was great seeing all the vendors and the Badlands are really pretty in August. It's not just for Harley's anymore. If you're coming back down thru Denver and south, take a few hrs and stop at Pikes Peak and the Royal Gorge. Those are by Colo Springs. They are definately worth the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts