GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on here planning to go to Wingstock next weekend?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yep,leaving Friday morning,planning on going out the Ocoee,then to Tellico and Cherohala,deals Gap and finally south to Canton.

Straight shot,LOL

·
Registered
224 Posts
What is Wingstock

Sorry for the stuip question. What is Wingstock and is there a website to get more info?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Good question,nothing stupid about it.

Wingstock is a gathering of folks,mostly from the board,who meet in Canton,Ga once a year in the fall.We have a free bar-be-cue at Traxxion Dynamics.That's the place that makes an upgrade for the 1800s suspension.

They usually meet for dinner on Friday,decide on who will lead and who will follow on Saturday.They usually have at least three local riders to lead the rides.After riding some of the best roads you can find anywhere,we will meet back at Traxxion for the bar-be-cue.

Max will put on quite a show between the stunt rider and the goldwing seminars,he will also have a live band.

Go to the general message board and look on the first page about halfway down.You will find the hotel info there.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I will be riding down on Friday. Not sure exactly which route I will be taking yet, depends on the weather, I guess.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
http://www.wingstock.org/
I have to work Friday morning, but expect to be able to get off around 1:30 pm. Judy will meet me @ work (Knoxville) and we will head South from there. Haven't planned a route yet, but getting tired of 411 every year, so that will change this time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wingstock!?!

Dang,

Didn't know. Would have loved to attend, but for some reason, it slipped up on me.

Any place that we could post events just for TN/Na Ga. /W. Nc so that dummies like me wouldn't schedule conflicts?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts