GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving tomorrow (Saturday) a.m. for Northern California, then Oregon and Idaho on the way back. Two main places to visit are the Redwoods and Crater Lake, then as many good roads as possible on the way there and back. May not get to see Crater Lake. It is still snowed in ...:shrug:

The first day is going to be a little on the warm side, but after that looks like it will be really nice.

Hoping for good weather .... :excited:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I hope you get to see Crater Lake, it is one of the highlites, of the best bike trip I ever took.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm just a working stiff so someone's gotta do the ride. Have a great trip. I expect a few pics posted.

No pics I took were real exiting from the trip to OK, but, it was a good ride. Plus met other board members!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Have a great ride:congrats:
We have been wanting to go see those big trees for some time now,but just haven't been able to budget the time.Ride safe!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got to Red Bluff ... tomorrow the Redwoods !!!

Looks like Crater Lake is open to Discovery Point ... won't get to make the circle, but I still think it will be worth the effort.

Tree, remind me and I will bring the netbook with all the pictures included. :thumbup:

So far the trip has been great. Some highlights, Highway 550 (million dollar highway) in colorado, Hwy 95 and 12 in Utah, then Highway 50 in Nevada. And not to forget, highway 70 west of Quincy in California. They were ALL GREAT!

Will hit Highway 36 from here to Eureka tomorrow.

Later

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had a great trip ... got back to central Arkansas Friday morning. The weather was pretty good to us. However, we did not see Crater Lake. The fog was too thick to see anything.

We had something happen in Oregon that was new for me. Running along around 70 mph and hit a swarm of bees. Yes Bees!! The windshield and front of the bike was instantly blasted with bee guts. There was not a square inch untouched.

The distance we covered was 5,500 miles.

The ride back across Kansas was not too bad this time. Usually I hit a lot of wind and heat trying to get home, but not this time ... we were VERY lucky.

Later
Bob

·
Registered
880 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Bee guts, been there. Only on my old harley w/o a wind screen but all over my shirt and face. No stings. Now I am smarter for that experience.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Bees? Doesn't sound like fun. Now we need to get together for lunch for show and tell. At least I can live through you since there will be no vacation ride for me this year. (wedding in the short distant future) They just wouldn't elope!!!

Looking forward to lunch.

Talk to you soon.

Tree

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking forward to lunch.

Talk to you soon.

Tree
We need to plan a chicken run into Missouri ... But I would rather do it when the temps dip a little.

With these kind of temps, I sometimes do early morning runs up to Jasper. Then get back before it gets into the afternoon heat.

Later

·
Registered
379 Posts
:agree: did a Jasper run Saturday and it was hot. 480 mile ride. Fun but a little warm. Showed a NC winger some of our roads. Made him promise not to tell anyone. It was a good ride until we needed gas in Mountain View the whole town was out of power I heard the whole county. Closest fuel was drasco. One of the guys put 6.5 gal in. But hey he had enough fuel!!

I look forward to the pics. Say when (a little notice) I'll b ready.

Tree

1 - 13 of 13 Posts