GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, but I found some.

A long shot, but it's free. :lol:

I want to take up golf and need a complete set of clubs and bag. Since I'm pretty new to it, I'm told I don't need the expensive ones because they're less forgiving (smaller sweet spot) :shrug:

Anybody close to me who has a dusty set they want to part with cheap?

And if you wear 9 1/2 golf shoes...bonus ;)

PM me. Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Clubs

Go to your closes paw shop your can always pick some up their most of the time. Or look a Sam's Club

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Oh man............I just sold a set of Cobra knockoffs and a bag for $50 at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. If I had known you were in need you could have had them.

Timing is everything....I guess.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Your post title may be closer to the truth than you think. Golf does after a while make one feel as if his or her clubs are made of gold. (cost of green fees & everything else connected with the sport)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hold out for some name-brand clubs. I started with no-name cheapo clubs and switched to a used set of Callaways and it made a huge difference. The cheapos are cheap for a reason - they don't work! And put new grips on what ever clubs you do get. That will also make a difference.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
got some car tires picked out for the golf cart yet?

:)

Dennis

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hold out for some name-brand clubs. I started with no-name cheapo clubs and switched to a used set of Callaways and it made a huge difference. The cheapos are cheap for a reason - they don't work! And put new grips on what ever clubs you do get. That will also make a difference.

Renter: Thanks for the info.

Dennis: I would, if I was going to buy one. ;)

Still looking. :shrug:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a Lynx bag, and a full set of Lynx Irons and a Lynx number 3 wood, a lynx Wedge and Lynx putter.

I am going to be in the kennesaw area from sunday until wednesday

Make me an offer and i will bring them with me

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Trailsman I have a set of irons that are Callaway knockoffs, but since you didn't say in your post I'm guessing you want right handed clubs. Mine are left handed but if you want to play from the correct side of the ball let me know I can let you have them real cheap.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Paul ?? golf really ?? Seems a little too passive for you. But hey give it a shot maybe your next calling. Keep yellow helmet on for your protection :thumbup: Golf ? Ok I will let it go really golf ?? ;) Now a tomater colored golf cart with big azz shiney rims and run flats now you talking a golf game i would enjoy. Hey could I be your caddy when you turn pro? Maybe a trials bike on trailer behind golf cart for when I get bored . BTT for ya and a smile :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all who responded. I found a nice used set from a friend. Now the hard part. :eek:4:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Thanks to all who responded. I found a nice used set from a friend. Now the hard part. :eek:4:
If it's a used set, be sure and polish your balls before starting. Oh right, you already said,"Now the hard part.":oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts