GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '06 Black (great color) but don't like the chrome emblems...both the "HONDA" or the "GOLDWING" emblems...I used to race and my colors where Black and Gold...is there a place to get the emblems in Gold color...can't afford real gold. It just seems that if you have a Goldwing...then the emblems should be Gold. Anyone heard of Gold color/copper plating the chrome...HEY...its just a thought...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Just take your emblems to a shop that can do gold anodizing and have them done in the color you want. It shouldn't cost too much and you'll be the only one on your block to have one. :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The emblems on my '03 are gold. Maybe you can order them from a dealer? Just order '03 model emblems I guess. :)

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
They changed the emblem color from gold to silver in 2006. My SO purchased some 2006 silver emblems to go on her 2002. They are the same size, only the color is different.

·
Registered
791 Posts
My '04 also has gold lettering...

emblems for side covers look to be about $19/each

rear emblem looks to be about $18

front emblem looks to be about $18

So, for $75 +/-, you can go gold.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the '05's also Gold?...why did they change?...now I gotta find part numbers...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SPF 0,

I don't know where your coming from...but I wish you wouldn't use My Lords name in vain...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Sounds like you ought to buy Ted in ncal's SO's gold emblems that she took off her 2002. It'll be a win-win. :D

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The emblems on my '05 are chrome not gold. I am thinking of taking them off all together. Not much for chrome.

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Ted in ncal said:
They changed the emblem color from gold to silver in 2006. My SO purchased some 2006 silver emblems to go on her 2002. They are the same size, only the color is different.
Wrong. 05s are silver

·
Registered
256 Posts
In 05 they changed the emblems for the anniversay edition to be different, then the idiots forgot to change them back to gold again. You can get them from your honda dealer, they only stick on.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I changed out the gold emblems on my 03 for the chrome emblems from the 05 models. I paid around 43 dollars from my dealer for both sides. I tried to remove the gold side cover emblems without breaking them, but I was unsuccessful and broke both of them trying removing them.

But the chrome ones sure look good :lol:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,216 Posts
Bloodstone05 said:
In 05 they changed the emlems for the anniversay edition to be different, then the idiots forgot to change them back to gold again. You can get them from your honda dealer, they only stick on.
Yep, or HDL, the rear one has to be ordered for the color you want due to the connection between the letters being painted to match the bike.

These #s are for the last year with gold (2004) for an 04 black bike, paint code NH1Z

Rear: 87111-MCA-010ZA
Front: 64125-MCA-A20ZA
Sides: 83605-MCA-A20ZA

You will have to order 2 of the sides as they come one each. :D

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fred...I respect you...but it just seems that Goldwing should be in gold...what do you think folks...

techdude2000...thnaks for the part numbers...off to my dealer...

now ...lol...how to get all the chrome GOLD or BLACK...lol...including mufflers...LIMNCS :yes:

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Bloodstone05 said:
In 05 they changed the emblems for the anniversay edition to be different, then the idiots forgot to change them back to gold again. You can get them from your honda dealer, they only stick on.
No offense but the silver looks much better than gold especially for all you chromaholics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts