GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, oh knowledgeable ones....

Which years or models have gold lettering on the bikes and which ones have the chrome? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I think I had chrome on front and back with gold on the sides; maybe they were gold.... ...I can't find a good picture. It's an '04, of course.
I removed the front and back crap...
Which lettering did you mean?

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
CyclinWing said:
What about '06? The "HONDA" emblems front & rear and the "GOLDWING" emblems on the sides of my '06 are chrome.

Jim
Mine are chrome on my drk red '06! :shock:

Excuse my stupidity. This post has been changed to reflect the facts! :a13:

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's really strange. Suppose Honda just used up the remaining chrome ones from the Anniversary Model?

Color according to body color? My bike is Black and was mfg'd 06/06.
Maybe the Gold plating just peeled off and left a silver finish...after all, you know that Black is the fastest...

I have a riding buddy who has a Dark Red '06, I'll check his the next time I see him.

Now you've got me looking and scratching my head...

Jim

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
My gold 2006 has chrome. I thought the gold plating was dropped for the 2006 models - that was talked about here when they came out. Maybe they had leftover gold plated stuff for Red's?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Chrome letters on my 06 titatium.

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
I Lied! :oops:

I actually walked out before I posted the first time to check. They were gold then. LOL... I just went out to double check. They are chrome now. Duh! Sorry! :roll:

What do you expect? I'm blind in one eye and have one heck of a time with the other. It is confirmed. My bike is a '06. It's drk red and the emblems are chrome. :wink:

Next question. Aren't the emblems on the '06 different in design than the earlier models?

W

·
0 Posts
What's the world coming to:

Goldwing badge now silver instead of gold.

Tail lights that don't match.

No more yellow 1800's.

No recalls in the past two years.

Air bags models priced more then a Honda compact cage WITH ABS, a air bag, and airconditioning.

World's going to the dogs I tell'ya.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
No more yellow 1800's.

No recalls in the past two years.
I don't know ... I'd say those are good things. And we need to take the good with the bad. :)

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
My 07's a half gold and the other half chrome............

naw, just funning, they're all chrome. Had a 02 and 04, they were gold, my 05 was chrome and all after, 05,06,07 all chrome.

I like the looks of the chrome ones better....just MHO

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Isn't GOLD kind of '80s?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
KYBLUE said:
My 07's a half gold and the other half chrome............

naw, just funning, they're all chrome. Had a 02 and 04, they were gold, my 05 was chrome and all after, 05,06,07 all chrome.

I like the looks of the chrome ones better....just MHO
Whats up, you didn't trade your '02 for an '03 I noticed? :p Wow 5 different Wings in a six model year span. :shock: You must really luv having brand new Wings. Cool, Terry

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I was asking about the Honda emblem on the front, the Honda on the trunk and the goldwing emblems on the side(s).

My '03 has the gold emblems everywhere.

I'm not picking up a pattern here. Am I missing it?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:roll:

"IF" I put 'em back on mine they'll be flat black or absent period. :wink: :lol:

The anti-chrome clandestine manuever continues!!! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Badge Colors

My '04 Flare Red wing has black chrome badges. This bike color was the only '04 with black chrome and a carbon fiber pattern on the seat sides.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Re: Badge Colors

GuyLeDrew said:
My '04 Flare Red wing has black chrome badges. This bike color was the only '04 with black chrome and a carbon fiber pattern on the seat sides.
This I did not know.

05-06-07 Has silver vs gold badging

05 anniversary has carbon fiber seat on silver and yellow models

all 05's have color matched name badges

1 - 20 of 21 Posts