GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice! I like them but I wont get them till the existing covers look old and aren't easily cleaning up. They have 4 pictures that show them on the bike. I think they look good.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 1 year, and rides in the rain, the black engine is starting to look nasty. I doubt it will ever look shiny again! Blacked out stuff looks good when new, but after awhile, it tends to look like crap! JMHO.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
As that old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One looks at the chrome engine covers and goes “sweet”, one looks and goes “Yuch”. Buy what you think looks good to your eye, yours is the only opinion that matters.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
After 1 year, and rides in the rain, the black engine is starting to look nasty. I doubt it will ever look shiny again! Blacked out stuff looks good when new, but after awhile, it tends to look like crap! JMHO.
That can be fixed with a $5 can of spray paint. :wink2:

(hard to fix rusty chrome)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I think they actually look nice but I also like the blacked out look that Goldstrike offers, such as the black lighted rear filler panels or the black fork covers. I have the blue bike just like the one below and feel the chrome does look nice with the chrome engine and frame covers.

·
Banned
435 Posts
My 1986 Honda CB700SC disagrees with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts