GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me in the right direction in regards to hauling two (2)sets of golf clubs when my wife and I are on the bike? Should I invest in a trailer or some sort of rack which may do the job... :?:
Thanks a million!
CP

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Tailwind Trailers, Spring, Texas Tom Finch owner. Check on the trailer board.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I would rather drag a trailer with TWO sets of golf clubs in it than have two of those things hanging off the back. With the trailer you can also carry your clothes and a cooler . Two of those in crosswinds looks very dangerous to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Autolinx deal is pretty cool. While it may block the license plate (no big deal there) with two bags I think it'll block the tail lights and getting slammed from behind might make my eyes water!
The trailer idea seems to be a good option and would provide versatility when necessary. Will it require some research to find the correct size or are all/most trailers long enough to accommodate the length of a set of clubs?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Playing golf with your wife reminds me of the time an avid golfers wife kept worrying him to take her with him to the golf course. Finally he did. After about 6 holes she had finally made him so made that he beat her to death with his gap wedge. The police show up to investigate and after doing their investigation they conclude he had hit is wife 9 times in the head with his gap wedge. They tell the avid golfer this and he looks at the investigator and says "could you put me down for a 6". They arrested him and towed his goldwing. When I ride to play I just lay the clubs across the passenger seat. Maybe your wife could hold both sets.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Are you wanting to just play the local courses or travel and play at wherever? I haven't gotten a Tailwind , but it was the only one I could find that would hold 2 sets of clubs and clothes and a cooler etc.. When I buy it will be the one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Carring Golf Clubs

I purchased a trailer a couple of years ago for long range trips. Best decision I ever made. Now I use it even when the wife doesn't go with me. Just makes life a lot easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AND SO BEGINS THE QUEST FOR THE TRAILER....

Getting there is half the fun!

Thanks
CP

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The Aluma MCTXL will hold two sets of clubs just fine along with all your other stuff. I carry mine in my slightly shorter MCT model. All I have to do is take the driver out of the bag. With two sets the XL would be a great setup.
http://alumaklm.com/sections/products/t ... category=2
There is lots of discussion about these trailers in the trailer forum. Or post or PM here for more informaiton. A lot of us that have this type of trailer like them a great deal. I put about 12,000 on mine last year. It was great to pull and nice to have room for all my stuff includine golf clubs on many occasions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts