GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All

I have an 02 GL1800 that needs fork seals I'm located in Bakersfield Ca and not impressed with the service at my local Honda dealership, can anyone recommend a shop some where in central Ca that can or will do quality work on older Gold wings ?

Thanks and have a great day.

Tommy Leroy Johnson

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Clawson Honda in Fresno. I've only had warranty work, recall work and tire work done all with satisfactory results.

·
Registered
332 Posts
FEE17A59-769F-43A7-B015-0E33B899B6F1.jpeg

That’s what I’m doing now to mine. Replacing my seals and bushings.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, seal mate looks interesting has anyone here tried it?

I went to you tube there is a good demonstration there on how to use it, I'm going to try it.

I'll call HB Honda and see what their service people say its not much further than Fresno just more traffic.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've used the Sealmate, I carry one in my tool kit. It doesn't fix everything that can cause a fork seals leak, but it has saved a couple of my trips when my new left seal decided it was going to be ornery.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used the Sealmate and it worked for a while. But eventually the seal weeped a little more over time and now its time for seals and bushings replacement. I’m glad I did the fluid was stinky and black and gritty!!! It’s not bad to do just take your time read the manual.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I dont know if you still can buy film for cameras, but it works well also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I've used the old 35mm negatives, just cut the little square holes in the edges off.

Reactions: Bullet Bob

·
Registered
218 Posts
Try Jason at Motomedic, Bakersfield Ca.. He is a sportbike guy but a **** good, honest mechanic . I am sure he can do anything that the Goldwing needs done to it. 661) 489-7129 Motomedic, Good luck. Do yourself a favor and have him put a Racetech fork kit in the bike. It will make that thing ride and turn like it should.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I dont know if you still can buy film for cameras, but it works well also.

You must be really old! :laugh:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Older than dirt, lol. I'll be 60 in a couple of months. I do still have a couple of peices I keep on my bikes for this purpose.

60??? Man you are just a puppy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't even remember what life was like when I was 60. I'll be 74 in 2 months and still enjoy every day above ground. :wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the information.

Jason has good reviews, I haven't caught up with him as he is not open until next Tuesday, probably off to the races somewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Evening all

I tried Jason at Moto Medic, seemed like a great guy but was in the middle of a relocation and could not work on my Wing. Another local person said to try North Kern Motorsports in Delano Ca, short story I picked up the Wing and rode home in the rain this afternoon everything worked great so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts