GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have found that GWRRA offers some great benefits to include the Gold Book, Rescue Plus roadside/towing assistance, assorted discounts, and other benefits. It is a large organization and composed of many different types of riders. Some like to ride all day, some to the next ice cream. You just have to find chapter that meets your needs.

I have been helped by the Gold Book and have had the privilege of helping another rider through the Gold Book.

One of the big events of each year is the annual get together called Wing Ding. This offers the chance to see a lot of Gold Wings and their owners, a larger vendor show where you can try on riding apparel, look at farkles for your Wing and even have them installed. Another big part of Wing Ding is the education courses they provide, everything from First Aid/CPR to Advanced Riding skills. It is a great way to update your training.

Yes, GWRRA does have negatives, but you just have to remember that it is a business enterprise and profit is a motive. If you forget about that and use the benefits to your advantage you can avoid that part of the organization.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Are GWRRA members not members of this forum? There was a Region F convention 2 weeks ago in Tucson and nobody is talking about it on this forum. I was there for an unrelated show and saw about 200 Goldwings but I guess none of them are members of this forum.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am a Life member of the GWRRA but I did not go to that rally. I went to all the GWRRA rallies when my wife used to ride with me but I do not attend them now. I find that the majority of the membership is couples and I do not enjoy being a third wheel at events.
I will always be a member of the GWRRA but I have two groups of old guys that I ride with now and I feel much better. We sit around and tell lies and talk about mods and motorcycles. What's not to like about that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are GWRRA members not members of this forum? There was a Region F convention 2 weeks ago in Tucson and nobody is talking about it on this forum. I was there for an unrelated show and saw about 200 Goldwings but I guess none of them are members of this forum.
Thank for your comment

21 - 25 of 25 Posts