GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 GL1800(Black) is my fifth bike and by far is the best and biggest I've ever owned. I would like to know from those who have been riding for years and those who are just starting out, what is the main thing about riding your Wing that sets it apart from any other bike you've owned?

I love the power and handling of this massive bike and the comfortable ride. I know there are thousands of reasons why we love our Wings. But if you could choose that one thing, what would it be? :blw1:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It has a radio.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well Warrior, I see you have the fastest color, so you know about that part. :D :lol: :D

Don't think I can pick just one! Come on let me pick more than one. :lol:

Seriously, the comfort for 2 up in combination with enough power and handling to be loads of fun makes the GL 1800 the bike for us!! :clap2: :yes:

Oh yeah, the great stoppers don't hurt anything either. :lol:

The list goes on and on and on!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
The 1800 is very agile for it's size. The size is something you cannot forget when you are at low speeds or stopped

Only thing that would make this scooter better is if it was self cleaning.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I love the looks of this bike.Especially the black ones!

I had been looking at wings for a couple of years.One day I walked into a dealer and saw a blue 01.
I literally stopped in my tracks and stared at it.
Then I started thinking"I wonder what the black looks like?"
A little more than a year later I rode one home.
That's when I started finding out how awesome this bike really is.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Power, comfort and aligity!

When I ride with others, they are usually Harleys. I so enjoy smoking them off from the lights, plus, I can ride tank to tank while they want to stop every 45 minutes or so for a rest break. 8) :biker:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
HANDLING WHILE 2 UP

I can out run and out drive, both my sister and B-I-L, they ride Katanas

yep, handling and comfort, power, style, power, torque, comfort, yep thats the ONE THING I can think of :D :D :D

·
Registered
20,024 Posts
Except for the fact that there is nothing smoother, if you had to pick just one there are other bikes that do it better than that one thing, whether it's power, handling, etc. But there is no bike out there that combines everything so well into a complete package.

Plus, it sure is the purdiest thing out there.
Larry

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LarryM, You are correct but I think if I had to choose that one thing it's the handle for such a big bike. Do you realize when you think of that ONE thing that sets this bike apart, you fall deeper in love with it?

Hey didn't someone say, "The Black" ones are the fastest? :lol:

·
Chard Member
13,223 Posts
I love the way this Station Wagon handles. It's a hoot to throw around in the twisties!

I'd still like to see another 50hp added!

50hp and larger saddlebags, that's all I'm asking for Honda. Can you hear me? LOL....

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Because my wife said I could have one.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had to pickup my bike at the shop the other day and a friend offered me a ride over on his GL1800. Co-pilot is not my favorite riding position but I must admit the passenger position is damn comfortable. Now if only I could convince my wife to ride.

Another side benefit of riding as a passenger in NJ is I was covered for medical insurance. NJ is one of the states that does not mandate insurance companies provide medical coverage for the driver.

Max Monaco
2001 Honda GL1800A
1999 BMW R1100SA

1 - 20 of 44 Posts