GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have reached the adrenalin limit with your Gold Wing, if track days on your track-only SV650 no longer thrill you, now there is something new you can try: Driving your very own Fomula Lite race car!

I just found out a company in the next town over makes "amateur" race cars. They are starting their own series with a Honda powered, carbon fiber chassis FL15 open wheel racer. This is for Formula 1 style racing at, oh, $2,400,000 less per car! Granted, this is a big boy toy, but for about the price of a nice motor home, you can have a very different sort of recreational vehicle.

Check out the shake down ride in the video below.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
First Formula Ford, then Formula Vee, then Formula 2, Formula 3, Formula F, Indy Lites, now the $120,000 Formula Lite. The number of Amateur open wheel racing classes has become so diluted due to how many types there are that it is hard to find two people with the same type of car to race against each other.

If I remember correctly, that car was originally supposed to have a Volkswagen engine in it. I wonder what happened.

It's a really cool car, and the highest tech of them all. A day at the track with it would probably be the most fun you ever had in a car. But a Corvette is half the price, probably faster, and you can drive it to work.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
LQQks like fun 2 me............If only!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Cool, thanks for posting. We have a car track day group that run pretty regular on our local track, lots of expensive stuff shows up, be interesting if one of these appears....

I wonder how it compares to the Ariel Atom.....

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
That's pretty cool too. Hard to imagine that the Ariel started out as a student design project. Incredible talent and vision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts