GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GoldStrike Chrome 3-Way Adjustable Highway Peg mounts with Twin Rail Foot Pegs.
Purchased February 2019; Installed April 2019
No Scrapes or scuffs; never touched down.
Excellent Condition
$389.99 new
Will sell for $225.00 (FIRM) which includes shipping
Send PM for Photos (I have trouble posting pictures) and I will text them to your cell phone.

HIGHWAY PEGS ARE SOLD

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent photos to your email address.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Shucks just purchased and installed mine a couple of days ago:crying:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm curious, Why did you remove them? I am just about to buy them & so I wonder what the problem was.
:serious: :frown2: :surprise:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious, Why did you remove them? I am just about to buy them & so I wonder what the problem was.
:serious: :frown2: :surprise:
I never said there was a problem with them. In fact, They are well made and easy to install. After coming off Mic-o-Pegs I needed something that enables me to stretch out a little more.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
For us that are trying to decide what works and what doesn’t do you care to elaborate more on what your going with and why you chose to go that way. I know it’s an individual liking but sometimes we think alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For us that are trying to decide what works and what doesn’t do you care to elaborate more on what your going with and why you chose to go that way. I know it’s an individual liking but sometimes we think alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Finding the right highway pegs is not just an individual liking. Finding the right highway pegs that fit ME is a physical thing. Since we're all not the same size and shape, one size doesn't fit all (But apparently whoever designed the MIC-O-Pegs for the 2018 Gold Wing thinks so). Pegs that are comfortable for someone with a 28" or 29" inseam may not be comfortable for someone with a 34" or 35" inseam with bad knees. Also your motorcycle saddle plays a part in this as well. As I stated before, I need a little more stretch and I am trying the Beachcomber boards. How they work for me remains to be seen. If I can't get the stretch I need from them I will try something else. My advice to you is find someone who has what you have in mind, and ask to sit on their bike. That will give you a good indication of what works or what doesn't work for YOU. That's the most honest answer I can give you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I never said there was a problem with them. In fact, They are well made and easy to install. After coming off Mic-o-Pegs I needed something that enables me to stretch out a little more.
Thank You for the response. I was concerned since normally folks keep products longer than that. I already have some highway pegs on mine & don't care for them. So I suppose it's very hard to satisfy old farts like me. Anyway these pegs you removed appear to be a better fit for me. Who knows. :serious: :nerd: :surprise:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank You for the response. I was concerned since normally folks keep products longer than that. I already have some highway pegs on mine & don't care for them. So I suppose it's very hard to satisfy old farts like me. Anyway these pegs you removed appear to be a better fit for me. Who knows. :serious: :nerd: :surprise:
AL,
You are certainly not alone in the Old Farts Club! The GoldStrike Highway pegs offer quite a bit of adjustability and are well made. They also flow with the Gold Wing's lines and the mounting system is hidden from view - the best looking in my opinion. I had Mic-O-Pegs on my 2015. if your familiar with Mic-o-Pegs, the leg is more in a down position than out if front of you. The problem for me is that the Mic-o-Pegs for 2018 place the right foot peg very close to the riding pegs and brake pedal, at least they do for my size 12 boot, so they don't work for me. Most other foot pegs position the legs out in front and higher than what I am comfortable with, but that's what I have to deal with now. So I just mounted the Beachcomber boards this past Wednesday, but haven't been out due to weather. If they work - fine; if not, well.......again my loss. Trail and error can get costly, and my loss is certainly in this case the buyer's gain. As I recommended in my response to Wingmaster 12, If I had to do it all over again, I would go to the sub-board, find my State, ask who had the foot pegs I was considering, and ask if I could meet up with them and just sit on their bike to see if their foot pegs work for me. Of course, that is easy to do in a State as small as New Jersey, but may not work so well in Texas or one of the larger states.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I am planning on purchasing the Goldstrike Floorboards and wanted things to match. I had the Rivco pegs and actually thought their integrated look was not bad contrary to a lot of people’s opinions. My problem is that while they afford a lot of adjustments I was not a fan of the look when positioned all the way back toward the rider. I was mostly comfortable with the standard position though. I have a 29-30” inseam and think the Goldstrike pegs will be better suited for me being short. I tried simulating the feel of the Beachcombers and they put me in a position similar to the Rivcos so I decided on the Goldstrikes.

I wanted to add that wingman05 has been great to deal with. Super communication and got them shipped out first thing this morning.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks TJ for your kind comments. My inseam is at least 34" so the GoldStrike positioning wasn't right for me. I hope they serve you well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts