GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Goldstrike footpegs and the pegs slant downward to the outside. So your foot doesn’t sit firmly on the peg because the peg slants down. Has anyone else that has installed these pegs have this problem?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've had these rider pegs for quite awhile and love them. they are completely adjustable. There is a left and right for the arms.
If you need help you can call the company. All of the Goldstrike accessories are first class.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think that we are talking about two different products. The rider pegs are adjustable, but floorboards aren’t.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine neither. No sloping to the outside. I agree something is out of place somewhere.

Although they have so many positions and so much adjustability, it took me a couple of tries to get both sides exactly the same.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have the 3 way adjustable highway pegs, and I have them angled so my feet sit flat on them while riding.
I do however have a problem with the right peg is too close to the valve cover and it is touching sometimes.
I did not see any "left or right" side with the parts other than the main mount which will only go on the correct side.
I also have the biggest side of the arm on the bottom to space it out and that still doesn't help.
I will have to call them about this.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I would carefully read the instructions again. There is one specific spot where it says that the pegs/boards need to slant toward the rider. I agree with the others, something is not installed correctly.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I just looked at the instructions on the website and it does say to angle the arms towards the rider.
My arms are straight vertical. In that position they fit me perfect.

If I move mine back angled towards me, I can try it, but I think they will be too close to be comfortable.
I am estimating that they will bring my feet 3" closer.
I will have to experiment this weekend on them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contacted Lance at Goldstrike and he helped me solve my problem. I had the clevis on horizontally and they should be vertically. Made all the necessary adjustments and they are fine now. Great company, quick reply and willing to help me with my problem. Also thanks for all of your replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts