GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has done either of these installs and wondering what I am up against? I also purchased the plug-n-play harness...so that should make it easier...

What is involved and how much swearing will I be doing? ;-)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i went to wing ding and had them install all the lights at once, so i didnt do them myself but i did watch them. as long as you use their harnesses, its not too bad at all. the parts that need removing are among the easiest pieces on the bike.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I Installed a number of Goldstrike Lights on my 2018 Tour DCT, and I used the harness. The only mistake I made was with the trunk light shown in your first picture-I set the light such that it slightly impinges on the backrest. It made for a very tight fit with backrest. Other than that user error, it was an easy install.

·
Registered
2018 Tour, Candy Ardent red
167 Posts
I installed the Tour Blade and the Honda interior LED into my Corbin extra capacity trunk lid before mounting the lid....so I had the lid off of the bike, but then I had to do the trunk lid swap afterwards as well.

In any case, the instructions were clear and the installation wasn't difficult, a bit of a Saturday morning in the garage.

TD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I installed the Tour Blade. It was not difficult. I did not use the isolator kit as I already had the Electrical Connections isolator for my trailer wiring. I tapped into it. This YouTuber has a pretty good video showing the install.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did the rear panel filler lights along with Skene LED brake/tail lights. Lights up the back of the bike really nice. Used the Pathfinder harness because I already had it from a fog light install.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is controversy in using the Goldstrike harness.
The harness does not bypass the canbus electrical system. There are those that think by not bypasing the canbus ‘could’ cause an electrical problem thereby damaging part of the bike’s system/computers. So hedging to the cautious side, I added this light (and other accessories) to an isolation block (Electrical Connections). All I had to do was cut off the connector on the light meant for the harness, figure out which wire was what and then attached to the isolator. There is a bit more to it of course but instructions exist.
Additionally, Electrical Connections has just come out with their brand new ‘EZ Light Distribution Block’ designed for very simple isolation from the canbus.
I’m not sayin what’s correct nor incorrect.
I’m just sayin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate ALL of the input - you guys are really helpful! Not sure if anyone has had issues with these per Maury's post above and using and isolation block. My K1600 was terrible about that...would throw a fault in a heartbeat...but if I can avoid doing that on the Wing, I will. Looks like they will be delivered today and I am putting Expel PPF on the bike on Sat so perhaps I will do the install then...

What is the install like for the gap filler triangle lights below? Is it a challenge?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have installed both, with the gold strike harness and had no problem at all. This was my first installation on my 18 DCT Tour, so it was a learning experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Goldstrike has my full attention.
Easy as pie minimum swearing just pull up your favorite YouTube installation video and you are good to go !

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was kind of waiting for the pathfinder rear spoiler with squential LED lights to get back in stock. Supposed to be mid June. I thought it looked a bit better.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Tour Blade with Goldstrike harness. 👍

Reactions: regancc

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
A few of their lights will not currently work on the 2021 due to Honda changing the voltages on the rear lights.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Contact GS prior to install. I don't know which lights are affected. I know I have installed several on 2021s using our isolation and we did not have any issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts