GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Excellent Job. really good stuff. That trunk lid can be a bit of a pain to put back on by yourself. Next time I take mine off I think I will pick up a couple of 2 inch log bolts and cut the head of the bolt off and screw the bolts into the hinge. That will give me something to line up with.
Again thanks for posting the video and a really good job.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Excellent video, Freddy B!

Reactions: Freddy B

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
Great job and thanks for posting the video..the trunk lights looks very nice.

I have a question for those that have done this mod....with a Electrical Connection trailer relay already installed in the stock electrical plugs, how would you install the Goldstrike harness too...there doesn't look like their would be enough room for both the Electrical Connection wiring harness and the Goldstrike wiring harness to be able to keep the waring harness flat to clear the seat.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Freddy B, you are the man. Excellent explanations and video work. I may just be willing to take this mod on now.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
wowser that was excellent ; thanks !

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Great job and thanks for posting the video..the trunk lights looks very nice.

I have a question for those that have done this mod....with a Electrical Connection trailer relay already installed in the stock electrical plugs, how would you install the Goldstrike harness too...there doesn't look like their would be enough room for both the Electrical Connection wiring harness and the Goldstrike wiring harness to be able to keep the waring harness flat to clear the seat.
Couldn’t you just wire the Goldstrike light to to EC harness and save $110?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in the process of putting one on mine. When removing the inner liner the instructions say to take note of the long versus the short screws. Mine are all the same size. Is that what everyone else is finding?

BTW, Thanks for the video. Great job!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in the process of putting one on mine. When removing the inner liner the instructions say to take note of the long versus the short screws. Mine are all the same size. Is that what everyone else is finding?

BTW, Thanks for the video. Great job!
Yes, inner liner screws are the same, only latches screws little longer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Freddy B... Great job... very precise video.... One question, I really like the way it looks... I have the Honda trunk rack and brake light, will this light work with that? Is there enough room for the wiring to fit between the outer trunk and shell? Your thought on this... thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hey Freddy B... Great job... very precise video.... One question, I really like the way it looks... I have the Honda trunk rack and brake light, will this light work with that? Is there enough room for the wiring to fit between the outer trunk and shell? Your thought on this... thanks
It will work, a few members have posted photos and videos of this combo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts