GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Correct. Wife wanted something close to Kury Transformer that she was use to. Both hit mid calf when ready for use. Occasionally I catch pant leg on opposite side when. getting on. Still looking for something better, but I have not located.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had mine cut down and welded back together. They actually allow for more passenger stretching this way and are out of my way. BUT a better product from someone is desperately needed!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine cut down and welded back together. They actually allow for more passenger stretching this way and are out of my way. BUT a better product from someone is desperately needed!
sad that it couldnt have been noticed in mock up and made as you did.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use 'em and they work just fine for my wife. I just need to remain aware of them and they work fine for me, too. I am able to back up the bike with my legs just fine without hitting those pegs. I don't find them interfering when riding. Occasionally, the back of my calf finds the peg or my wife's foot, but never a problem.
Doug

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use 'em and they work just fine for my wife. I just need to remain aware of them and they work fine for me, too. I am able to back up the bike with my legs just fine without hitting those pegs. I don't find them interfering when riding. Occasionally, the back of my calf finds the peg or my wife's foot, but never a problem.
Doug
are you taller than 6-1?

·
Registered
430 Posts
We have them on our 18 and they work ok. wife liked the transformers better but these are ok for now and they do not interfere with me. I am not a tall person.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have them and my wife really likes them. You will get used to bumping them when walking the bike around but they really aren’t a problem.

·
Registered
468 Posts
We have them and wife likes them. She liked the ones on the Harley better since she could start in one position, change that position by lifting them up with her foot and have a different position.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We have them and my wife does not like them. She has pretty long legs. I think the "swing arm" on the pegs is way too long. Like the other post on this thread said, I'm going to have them cut down and rewelded to make them shorter. Maybe then.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have them and my wife does not like them. She has pretty long legs. I think the "swing arm" on the pegs is way too long. Like the other post on this thread said, I'm going to have them cut down and rewelded to make them shorter. Maybe then.
my wife has long legs as well and thats why i thought about getting these for her. why would you want them shorter?

·
Registered
376 Posts
my wife has long legs as well and thats why i thought about getting these for her. why would you want them shorter?
So there are actually 3 arms in the design and it is hard to describe what I mean. I personally think that GS has a bad design here. The pegs look like they are very adjustable, but in reality, there is only a couple of positions where they work. So one "arm" connects between the bike and the peg (actually it connects between the bike and a connector to the peg itself). This is the arm they show rotating around in the animations on the GS website. However, because of the way that it connects to the peg, it can only sit at certain angles. When the arm is in "up" position (say 12 o'clock or so), the peg sits above the height of the passenger footrest. So when my wife puts her feet up there, they stretch her hips in an uncomfortable position and her knee is actually more bent than on the footrests. If the arm were shorter, her feet would be below the height of the passenger footrest and she would actually get some extension on her knees and more relief on her hips.

That is why I say the design is bad. Both for the length of the arm and in the limitations on what angles the arm can effectively connect to the peg.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Somebody posted earlier they had been to a bike show somewhere and Kury had a display with a prototype of the Transformers for the18 Wing and the rep indicated a release this Fall. I have been in contact with Kury and they would not commit to anything and suggested I sign up for their newsletter which I did. You can see them for the older Wings on thec Kury website. I like how they fold down out of site when not in use.

any idea as to when these will be released? cant find anything on them

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So there are actually 3 arms in the design and it is hard to describe what I mean. I personally think that GS has a bad design here. The pegs look like they are very adjustable, but in reality, there is only a couple of positions where they work. So one "arm" connects between the bike and the peg (actually it connects between the bike and a connector to the peg itself). This is the arm they show rotating around in the animations on the GS website. However, because of the way that it connects to the peg, it can only sit at certain angles. When the arm is in "up" position (say 12 o'clock or so), the peg sits above the height of the passenger footrest. So when my wife puts her feet up there, they stretch her hips in an uncomfortable position and her knee is actually more bent than on the footrests. If the arm were shorter, her feet would be below the height of the passenger footrest and she would actually get some extension on her knees and more relief on her hips.

That is why I say the design is bad. Both for the length of the arm and in the limitations on what angles the arm can effectively connect to the peg.
yea makes sense now. i think my wife would be in the same boat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts