GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the OEM luggage rack and brake light early on. I wanted something additional out back and looked at a bunch of different options before landing on this as my final set up. The install is a bit of a time consuming job because you basically need to uninstall and reinstall the OEM rack and brake light again. It also takes a little planning because if you have the OEM rack and brake light installed your wiring harness is installed to the bike so a little extra care and thought must be taken in the disconnect and re-connection of the trunk assembly harness wires.

The Goldstrike light bar fits perfectly and blends in to the overall look very well IMHO. I do wish however they would have made the turn signals amber to match the Honda turn signals and to stand out more from all the red. Just a niggle, overall I am very satisfied with the look and function.

Video of lights:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b529ey5voe78ir/IMG_0832.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
I installed the OEM luggage rack and brake light early on. I wanted something additional out back and looked at a bunch of different options before landing on this as my final set up. The install is a bit of a time consuming job because you basically need to uninstall and reinstall the OEM rack and brake light again. It also takes a little planning because if you have the OEM rack and brake light installed your wiring harness is installed to the bike so a little extra care and thought must be taken in the disconnect and re-connection of the trunk assembly harness wires.

The Goldstrike light bar fits perfectly and blends in to the overall look very well IMHO. I do wish however they would have made the turn signals amber to match the Honda turn signals and to stand out more from all the red. Just a niggle, overall I am very satisfied with the look and function.

Video of lights:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b529ey5voe78ir/IMG_0832.mp4?dl=0

Looks really sharp! Thanks for posting the video. I (actually, my wife) bought me the Goldstrike Tour Blade. Can't wait to install it when it gets warmer around here.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looks great. How long did the install take you?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the video. Looks great. How long did the install take you?
Thanks, it took me a couple of hours. I am really slow with this stuff. Measure 12 times drill hole once :smile2:
Hardest part was figuring out which wires to plug into on the harness. The instructions say match up the wires. Well, they don't match so I resorted to a magnifying glass to see the actual plug they used in their instructions photo and that worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts