GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in another thread mentioned Jon at GoldwingGadgets.com as a source of tech info. I tried twice to email but both kicked back. Maybe he is monitoring and will see this or someone else may have an answer.

I have a Goldwing and mounted my Treo 700P smart cellphone on the handle bar. I installed a long Aux cable and plug it into the bottom of the Treo with an adapter. When the phone rings, I go to Aux button and can hear the phone fine. Problem is that caller cannot hear me unless I stop, raise my modular faceshield, and turn engine off. With faceshield down they cannot hear me at all. With engine running they hear me broken. Turn engine off with faceshield up and two way converation is fine. I am guessing engine noise and environment with mike with muff inside faceshield is not conducive to outgoing signal. Can you offer any help in allowing an outgoing communications while riding? Again, I can always hear the incoming fine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The Aux input is for audio sources, like an Ipod or radar detector. One way only! There isn't any way for your voice (or any other source) to pass back through the Aux port to your phone. If your calling party can hear you at all, they must be hearing you through the phone's microphone. :?

G

·
Try cyclegadgets.com rather than the site you listed. They have a complete listing of the Kennedy Cellset pieces you will need to make it possible to connect your cell phone to the audio system. Not that using a cell phone while riding is the smartest thing to do...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts