GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has a mid 90's wing and in the right sadlebag you can hook a air line up to the onboard compressor. How do you do that with an 08 wing.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
I have a friend that has a mid 90's wing and in the right sadlebag you can hook a air line up to the onboard compressor. How do you do that with an 08 wing.
You buy a seperate compressor to h ood to your 12V system.

prs

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Buy a Slime from Hal and put it in your cd changer area. Add a Battery Tender pigtail and use it for the Slime. Works great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
They took that off the GL1800 as all it did was drain the battery right quick. Best to buy a $20 compressor from Wal Mart or somewhere and wire it to a plug that you can hook into your Wing, maybe into the battery charger plug. I carry one in a tupperware container in the side pocket. Never had to use it in 8 years. But it's there. While you are at it, add a radial tire plug kit and some rubber cement for a very temporary on-the-road fix. That should get you going.

Ya, like ww91 said below, run the engine when you do this. Good point.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Never run your compressor with the engine off. You'll end up with an inflated tire and a dead battery. Result.... still stranded.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I sell these.
They go inside the right hand pocket.
Take 20% off for my part in doing a
"Stimulas Plan"
$158.00 CDN

·
Registered
274 Posts
I got one of these at Walmart for $10 bucks. Have used it for freinds bikes riding with me and it worked just fine. Add a couple tire plugs and a plugger and you set for cheap.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Never run your compressor with the engine off. You'll end up with an inflated tire and a dead battery. Result.... still stranded.
FYI - I use a Inovations CO2 powered inflation to fill the tire then fine tune the PSI with the Slime compressor. No dead battery. Some cartridges have threaded necks so all you need is a nozzle and you can use the larger cartridges that look like spray cans.

http://tinyurl.com/ahdz9p

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
FYI - ...Some cartridges have threaded necks so all you need is a nozzle and you can use the larger cartridges that look like spray cans.

http://tinyurl.com/ahdz9p
Where do you get those big cartridges and how much do they hold please? I think I've only seen 16gram cartridges.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts