GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always find interesting when I see you guys talking about the price of goldwings in the US, so I thought I would let you know that a goldwing cost here is around $44.000 AUD, that's $46,000 US DOLLARS!!!, and that’s for a 010, we don’t have the 012 here yet, I payed $40, 000 Australia dollars for mine in 02, at that time our dollar was worth almost half of the us dollar, $1 AUD got $52 US cents, now $1 AUD gets $1.05 USD, so the bike should be half the price it was in 02, but its not! anyway just thought that it may make you guys feel a little better about the price you pay
:22yikes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to add that we are very grateful that we have the opportunity to buy the GoldWing here. If Honda decide not to sell it in Australia, we won't be able to buy it.

We do not complain, not about the price nor the looks of the 2012, nothing!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I always did like aussi ways...just sayn
I want to add that we are very grateful that we have the opportunity to buy the GoldWing here. If Honda decide not to sell it in Australia, we won't be able to buy it.

We do not complain, not about the price nor the looks of the 2012, nothing!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Goldwing in Denmark? Around $90,000. Used 3 year old, about $60,000. Gasoline.....$10.00 a gallon (13 Krone per liter). Dinner for four without wine at a decent restaurant.....about $350.00. Taxes? If you make half way decent salary you pay 70% tax. Yet...go to the airport...you will see a bunch of private jets, go to the marinas...you will see a bunch of yachts and sailboats, and I don't mean dingys. I just don't know how they do it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saying, im not complaining, I will had that for us who already have a goldwing its good that the price is not half what it was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe we cant buy the goldwings any cheaper here, but at least now with our dollar being strong we can buy lots of accessories from the USA eg:Wingstuff as compared to want they want here in Oz. I'm happy about that:thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i may just add, thanks to the internet and being able to order from Hal, things are better, a full set of honda brake pads from my dealer are $460AUD- almost $500USD, from HDL, $160AUD to my door, top box spoiler $900 AUD, from HDL $400 AUD.

·
Registered
388 Posts
:coffee1: In 2006 I paid $11,900 for my 05 Triumph Rocket III...a guy from Denmark said he got a good deal on a used 05 and only paid $52,000....I thought he was joking but he wasn't...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello Bob good to see you posting, and hello to fransvdm hope you are getting better mate.

I have been told from a reliable source :thumbup::thumbup::eek:4: that there are over 250 goldwings left in Australia and they have to get rid of them before the new sytle will get here, i know there are some dealers doing some good deals at the moment to move some stock.

Again good to see some aussies posting :thumbup:

Johng
www.jonkaz.net

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I always find interesting when I see you guys talking about the price of goldwings in the US, so I thought I would let you know that a goldwing cost here is around $44.000 AUD, that's $46,000 US DOLLARS!!!, and that’s for a 010, we don’t have the 012 here yet, I payed $40, 000 Australia dollars for mine in 02, at that time our dollar was worth almost half of the us dollar, $1 AUD got $52 US cents, now $1 AUD gets $1.05 USD, so the bike should be half the price it was in 02, but its not! anyway just thought that it may make you guys feel a little better about the price you pay
:22yikes:
You could always purchase one here in the states, then ride it home.

...wait, maybe that won't work.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
In the U.S we tend to take so much for granted and complain (whine) about some of the most insignificant things. Good to hear from people from other countries to give us a broader and more accurate perspective on things.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I just got home Sunday from a two week trip - first week to Perth then on to China for a week. I can't comment on Goldwings in Australia, but I sure enjoyed Perth. Much nicer city than I was expecting.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
yes please, could you please give me the shipping cost first !
forget the shipping. That is the minor part. Find out what the customs is going to charge you. And....check below
  • freight and insurance (for the transport of the goods to Australia);
  • customs duties, GST and LCT, if applicable;
  • storage and delivery charges;
  • logistic services providers' charges;
  • customs brokers' charges;
  • entry processing charges;
  • steam cleaning for quarantine purposes;
  • other wharf and transport charges; and
  • any costs involved in having your road vehicle meet State or Territory registration and insurance requirements.
Delivery of your road vehicle into home consumption will only be authorised where Customs and AQIS clearance requirements are met.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Jeffreyj I think bob was joking when he asked for the shipping costs. Most Aussies know that many governments ago they closed the loop hold of bringing cars and bikes into Australia you cannot even buy a bike ride it for six months and then bring it in to the country without the costs nearly being more then the bike or car is worth

Johng

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Jeffreyj I think bob was joking when he asked for the shipping costs. Most Aussies know that many governments ago they closed the loop hold of bringing cars and bikes into Australia you cannot even buy a bike ride it for six months and then bring it in to the country without the costs nearly being more then the bike or car is worth

Johng
Same in most countries. I planned originally to send my ST1300 to Switzerland, keep Florida registration (can be renewed by mail, no inspection needed) - could do it for only 3 months and had to leave the country. Tried the same in Germany - no deal. So...I kept it here in the US and friends in Europe who own bikes come here to ride mine, I have their bike to ride in several countries in Europe.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This picture was taken while we were in Helsinki, Finland in 2008. The Euro was at USD $1.50. Making this over $56,000 US dollars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts