GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Great videos and great finished product. Thanks for sharing with us all your hard work...:congrats:

·
Registered
297 Posts
A question

about the "chrome" side covers. I have some small scratches, is there any way to make them look new (I priced new ones, ain't gonna happen).

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about the "chrome" side covers. I have some small scratches, is there any way to make them look new (I priced new ones, ain't gonna happen).
I am not aware of any way to remove scratches from chrome. You can try a chrome polish, but usually all that is good for is removing hard water spots or other contaminates.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fantastic work on the three pieces. You are a true artisan! Excellent camera work and editing as well. Are you playing the guitar piece too? :)

Hey, I'm really looking forward to your upcoming belly pan video. I'm not having any luck getting it installed on my 2012. I remove the bolts but the side panels won't budge to get the belly pan under them. Again, great job!

J.D.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Fantastic work on the three pieces. You are a true artisan! Excellent camera work and editing as well. Are you playing the guitar piece too? :)

Hey, I'm really looking forward to your upcoming belly pan video. I'm not having any luck getting it installed on my 2012. I remove the bolts but the side panels won't budge to get the belly pan under them. Again, great job!

J.D.

J.D.
You need to pry out (from behind) the lower cowls from the studs that you took the acorn nuts off of.
Them you can get the belly pan behind the cowls.
Sometimes the cowls get hung up on the stud threads and it seems like they won't come off,But that is how they come off or out as in this case.

·
Registered
479 Posts
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=21203

Try contacting this guy to rechrome your side covers, he told me it would be about $100.00 each for mine.
Only problem for me on this was: it would take about three weeks to get it done with shipping time and I do not want to hbe without my bike for that long right now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
chrome

check out chrome-solutions.com I think they have what you want, spray on chrome. Can't figure how to hilight so it comes up when you click on it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Excellent job. Now all you have left is to paint the midfaring section of the bike to match the cowel... I bet $ it would look awesome with the purdy orange color. Again, excellent job.

·
Registered
989 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:Nice work!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

J.D.
Here is the belly pan video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qySF26nZ0

·
Registered
267 Posts
Great video! :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well done!! Did you sell your bike?
Not yet. I took it off the market until I could make these touch ups and we were out of town for a week. I am going to be gone next weekend too so I plan to put it back on eBay on the 19th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts