GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was thinking to stir some stuff up with that and I see I succeeded.

You all replied with your characteristic good humor. Just a bit of fun.

If you are lucky enough to still be riding past 55, on a Goldwing, with a woman you love, and carrying a few extra pounds of good life...on the way to something you both love, then you are the richest.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Yeah - just came here to start trouble for your entertainment. And it worked. Great job.

:roll:

Someone said he thought it was G-Funk. It's either him or a clone. End result is the same.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dive Master said:
not G-funk. spelling is to good.
But perhaps you are! The spelling is too good, not to good! :p

Ha! Caught ya! Finally - after all these posts masquerading as Dive Master. Obviously a master of disguise!

Now, please reveal to the crowd (board members) who you really are......

JK :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I am 68 and have been riding notorcycles since 1954. My wife of 47 years (yep, she rides with me as much as she wants) loves riding. Our lives are aligned and revolve around riding. Let's see, so far this year I have logged a little over 30,000 miles. My Wing has over 103,000 miles on it ... I don't listen to "Rock" but I listen to a lot of "loud" (I hear OK but like it loud) instrumental guitar from my CD Changer.

The wife and I are Life Members of GWRRA (21 years and loving it) I lead a Retired Riders Group (mostly Gold Wings) to ride the twisties every Tuesday and ride with another group (mixed bag of bikes) every Wednesday. Leader there is 82 and still loves twisties too. I started riding the "Dragon" in the late '70's before it became a "thing." Rode it this year for the umteenth time.

Yep I pull a trailer but it is not "retarded" it is a 12 year old Escapade that I bought new and had painted when I got the 1800. This year, with the wife along, I pulled it from Ohio through 29 states and 5 Canadian Provinces while being gone 49 days. Need the trailer space for extra clothes since we do change clothes daily.

We also attended several GWRRA Rallies - Region F in Elko Nevada, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota, Washington (State), Region D (in Indiana) North Carolina, Virginia, Mississippi and since I am so old I know there are a few I forgot.

In 2007 we plan to repeat some of the rallies and perhaps pick up a few more.

I have met a lot of great riders of Gold Wings and there are a lot that I like ... then there are some that I can live without. I am not sure what category I would put you in.

I would like to invite you to ride with my Tuesday group and see how old guys ride. I think a one day ride you would change your mind about older riders.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Dang I screwed up. just call me G-master.

But actually Notsluggo mine was not a spelling error. It was a grammatical error.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh

You guys are top notch for sure. I've only been to a couple of internet boards, but this one is by far the friendliest.

:wink:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
dangerdave

I see in you signature that you ride more in a year than most do in a month, This past summer, one of our riders, Chip, turned 19,000 miles in a month, did you drive more than that last year ???

I have 207,000 miles on my bike, but I don't know what my highest mileage month was

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The good thing about that Great White is there is still an opprotunity to change that flaw, LOL

750valk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Goldwing Demographics-come clean

SHORT????? I am 5'8" weigh 140 lbs and am 70 years old. We rode 1,118 miles in 21 1/2 hours for our first Ironbutt award in 2005. Kathy is 65 years old and wants to be on the Goldwing every time it rolls out of the garage. We are going to go for the ' Bunburner 1500 in 24 hours' when the weather warms up in spring of 2007. I have been riding 50 years and my first bike was a 1941 Harley '74'.

Dave TMA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts