GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats great I saw a group from Ohio preform at the GWRRA Region in Salem, VA two or three years ago and I was amazed at how well they handled their bikes. All were 1500's and the oldest man in the group was 80.

·
Registered
323 Posts
One of the riders in that video, according to Tim Bowman, is Jim Coe who is a member of Chapter A in Wa. He has had some physical problems and up until the time I left Seattle I had only seen him on his 1500 a couple of times. He was able to ride with the help of one of those Voyager kits that drops the helper wheels at slow speed.
As Jeff said that is the same group that has evolved into the Northwest Wings group of GWTA. George Konrad was a member of Chapter A in Wa until he decided to be a member of that group. George lost his battle with cancer late last year. Sad deal there.
Lots of stuff comes to mind watching that video. thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think the whole thing is a little bizarre, but whatever it takes to keep all those old guys off the streets and out of trouble. :lol:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The Daytona chapter of GWRRA has a drill team that does a dual program with the local Harley drill team. It's quite a show. I announced for them for several years and was even alternate rider for a short period of time. It sure keeps your skills up riding with that group of guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.