GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to see if your bike has an extended warranty. I bought mine used from a guy that purchased the warranty. I took it to a dealer to have the 4000 mile service done and told him to transfer the warranty as per the manual. I just want to see if he did it or not.
Thanks
Jerry

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Does anyone know how to see if your bike has an extended warranty. I bought mine used from a guy that purchased the warranty. I took it to a dealer to have the 4000 mile service done and told him to transfer the warranty as per the manual. I just want to see if he did it or not.
Thanks
Jerry
bring your vin to any honda dealer, the computer will tell the expire date of the warranty

·
Registered
748 Posts
Honda is supposed to mail you a new warranty card (wallet size). If you do not get it within 30 days, call Honda.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
As I have said before, it's no big deal who's name the warranty is in, it is on the bike not the owner. It goes with the bike when sold, you can have it put in your name for your own piece of mind but it is not neccessary. Any dealer can put the VIN in their computer and tell you if it has it. A friend of mine bought a GW trike and a couple of years after he had it the alternator went out, (he was never told of an extended warranty) when he went to buy an alternator from the dealer he ran the VIN and found out it had the warranty and replaced it under warranty.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
As I have said before, it's no big deal who's name the warranty is in, it is on the bike not the owner. It goes with the bike when sold, you can have it put in your name for your own piece of mind but it is not neccessary. Any dealer can put the VIN in their computer and tell you if it has it. A friend of mine bought a GW trike and a couple of years after he had it the alternator went out, (he was never told of an extended warranty) when he went to buy an alternator from the dealer he ran the VIN and found out it had the warranty and replaced it under warranty.
This might be true, but the registered owner of the warranty can and has cancelled them on people to get their money back. They will cancel it and the new owner of the bike won't even know his ext. warranty is gone. :22yikes:

See this post
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152637

1 - 6 of 6 Posts