GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
16,590 Posts
Sorry, and I assuming yours is a non-ABS Wing, and that you are looking for a main harness. For a customer, I bought the last one a couple of years ago. You can try getting a used one, however, reinstalling an 17 year old harness, that is no longer flexible like a new one, and is also littered with many factory crimps is risky. If you do go the use harness route, for best installation success, I would remove the inner rear fender.

I've predicted for a while now that the 5th generation will die off for 2 reasons ... harness and transmission issues. Harness are becoming obsolete, and on older Wings transmissions can be too costly to fix.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
I know where a brand new main wiring harness is for a 2008 without the comfort package...it was ordered by mistake for a insurance claim and Honda wouldnt take it back simply because the it was opened...the guy had to spend the money again for the right wiring harness...lots of money for a main wiring harness.

·
Vendor
16,590 Posts
I know where a brand new main wiring harness is for a 2008 without the comfort package...it was ordered by mistake for a insurance claim and Honda wouldnt take it back simply because the it was opened...the guy had to spend the money again for the right wiring harness...lots of money for a main wiring harness.
For the same reason I know where there is a 2008-abs harness. However, it might have been sold and used. 2008 harnesses might still be available from Honda. It the 2001-03 that have been unavailable for about 2-3 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts