GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wow, just read those two articles. The first was great and the second was neat to read. A couple of people really did some serious homework!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good articles, but why don't the authors or those that put the article on the web think about readability? Italic small thin font on a yellow background is tremendously hard on the eyes to read.

·
Registered
552 Posts
sorry to post 2 in a row, but got thinking about something I read in the first article.

Who's correct here? I had read early on that the Candy Red was discontinued for '04, my dealer told me that only so many Candy Reds were produced, I would be lucky to get one. This article ( by Steve Saunders) the author claims that the Magenta was the color dropped ( he didn't mention this, but in favor of the Black Cherry?). Though I was going to do whatever it took to get Candy Red, was it a case of misinformation on my dealers part? Just wondering what the actual skinny on this is.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mark your dealer gave you some bad info on the 04 Candy Apple Red, I just brought one home Friday, :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats right MnXWinger only a few candy red 04's you will be lucky to get one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
"the author claims that the Magenta was the color dropped ( he didn't mention this, but in favor of the Black Cherry"

Mark, he did mention it and you just failed to read it properly, it says;

"Magenta was cancelled almost immediately after dealers got the 04's so there should only be a few hundred available (collectable perhaps in the future) and White has been added to the line-up instead."

So white replaced Magenta, Black Cherry was already in the line-up before Magenta was dropped. Candy Red is still in the line-up, plenty still rolling through dealers this side of the pond at least. Honda officially dropped the Magenta, they didn't officially drop the Candy Red. You will find that production will be split between the two reds now.

BTW, I wrote the GW history article on Steve Saunders Goldwing Page, I wrote it over eighteen months back and I update it as new info comes my way. I was only made aware of this forum yesterday by BigAl, looks good so far.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wingnut,

I meant the phrase

"This article ( by Steve Saunders) the author claims that the Magenta was the color dropped ( he didn't mention this, but in favor of the Black Cherry?)."

to be more of a question, Your right, it was my bad read on the Magenta replaced by white. I obviously had no clue as to what the actual '04 color status was other than what my dealer told me. They're never wrong, right? and I was curious, just what is the real story. I wanted and got Candy Red, I just get real irratated with those that should know, don't and won't admit, 'Gee, I don't know, let me find out.'. I'd rather hear that, than some ignorant response to get the sale.

I doubt that I am the only one that is misinformed on the colors available, thank the dealers for that?. Dealer probably didn't want to order another one, rather they wanted to sell what was in stock maybe? In fact Honda's brochure I received, listed all the colors without mention of what might not be available. Last fall I started to look seriously at the bike for purchase and was told that the Candy Red was replaced by the new plain Red, so I settled for Titanium up until last week when I mentioned that I really wanted Candy Red and the sales mgr pipes up, 'Oh, we have 2 coming in next week', so I grabbed one. So they definitely didn't have the right information last fall and I didn't pursue it much until now as spring approaches and almost ended up with a color I really didn't want because of it.

Wasn't flaming your article, I found it a good read and informative (except for the font and color, sorry my eyes have a hard time with it).

Keep writing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mark,
Just glad you enjoyed the read, in spite of the yellow background. Up to last year the background had been an even darker yellow, since 1999! I've been meaning to change it to an off-white colour for some time but it would affect about 60 of the 80-odd pages and there never seems to be time! The italic font I will be keeping, at 12 points I think it's big enough and you always have the option of viewing it larger in your browser window anyway.

You are right about the dealers being in the dark. Quite often the customer is better informed and knows exactly what he or she wants and gets infuriated that the dealer isn't up to the minute on info. It seems that every dog on the street knew about the overheatin & frame issues before the dealers! It must be hard for a bike dealer, just being a Honda dealer means knowing about perhaps thirty different models and knowing what the current spec, colour choices etc. for each one is must be difficult at times. If you had gone and bought the "wrong" colour and found out later that you could have had Candy Red, I'm sure you would have been annoyed to say the least!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts