GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ontarians....what are you paying for insurance on your Goldwing
I just received a renewal from Allstate, and my coverage went from $1,339 to $1,474......A 10 percent increase.....:cus:
BTW....I’ve not made any claims

·
Registered
258 Posts
Keep in mine your age and area you live in will effect Insurance.
I am in Connecticut and 61 yrs old and never put in a claim. I have been with this particular Ins co and personal agent since 1996, but I was told they will NOT accept any new customers.

My 2015 Goldwing & 1978Goldwing.. both bikes total $264.28 per year
Coverage is...
$100-300,000
$50,000 property Damage
$5,000 added equipment
Roadside Assistance
Trip Interuption

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I pay 798.00 a year for full coverage on my 2003 GL1800 in Ontario through Cooperators

·
Registered
145 Posts
The OP has a trike in his sig, that'll be more.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pay 798.00 a year for full coverage on my 2003 GL1800 in Ontario through Cooperators
I received a quote from Cooperators for $1251 and I doubt I will find a cheaper one.
I asked Desjardin for a quote, but they will not insure my trike (they do insure motorcycles)
Insurance is killing the motorcycle industry.....I had one company give me a quote of $3,700.....:eek:4:
I had one company tell me if they insured me.....I would be obligated to pay for a whole year even if I sold the bike in a few months!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The OP has a trike in his sig, that'll be more.
Although a trike may cost more than a bike......you would think the risk of going down would be less than on a bike.
Tip over coverage shouldn’t be necessary, but you still pay for it as it is part of the comprehensive coverage......lol

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Try Riders Plus and see what they will do.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
$817 in Brighton, ON for two wheels. Wawanesa.
I had one company tell me if they insured me.....I would be obligated to pay for a whole year even if I sold the bike in a few months!
I usually run into pro-rated insurance premiums. I don't recall the exact numbers, but something like if 95% of the motorcycle accidents occur April-Sept, then 95% of the annual premium is used up by Sept. Meaning that a refund might be in the order of 5%. Or something like that.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm in Edmonton, and most of the guys I ride with (mostly on BMWs) have switched to Echelon Insurance. See if your insurance broker handles that company. Most of us have switched to Echelon and saved hundreds of dollars from what we were paying to our previous insurers.

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2 bikes. $450 for ST and $480 for Wing.
Integrisure Group in Guelph. Put everything with them to get discount.
2 Vehicles, 2 Bike and House.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I'm out west. Just renewed mine and it went up 10.00 to 435 for the year but you cannot claim anything back for the off season. Aviva.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts