GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to order a Goldwing jacket but am not sure how the sizes run.
I tried on a friends XL and it fit fairly well but a little big and the sleeves were way to long and he had them rolled up a little.
I am short and fat with a 33 inch sleeve length,
45inch chest, 48 inch belly, and 42 inch waist.
Does anyone have any idea what I should do outside of cutting the sleeve down on and XL or would a large fit any better without doing that(cutting sleeves) and would it be big enough? :?:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Differene clothing run in different sizes but .....

I don't think a large with a 42 inch waist would be a good fit, based on my experience as a fellow 42er. If the fit is good besides the sleeves on an XL then I think the best bet is to modify the XL - and a plus, god forbid :lol: , in case you gained weight it would still fit.

Also, you may at times want to layer thiner clothing underneath for extra warmth - better a little big than a little small.

Check the exchange policy where you would be buying and if they allow returns for full credit then order both and return the one you don't want - ask them up front if it is ok to do this - it'll cost you a little shipping but may save the alteration cost and you will know for sure which is the best fit for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts