GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on YouTube ... Interesting option ... don't know cost.
Had generated a significant amount of interest, almost 1.7million views since April of this year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
impressive video. I don't know anything about this technology but I would opt for this before I would consider transitioning to three wheels. This would allow me to ride as I enjoy with full lean capability except at slow speed maneuvers where the weight of the GW becomes troublesome. Now if only a vendor stateside would consider bringing this technology here.

·
Premium Member
19,727 Posts
It is available just not this nice do a search--landing gear

there are several systems

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Years ago there was another design on landing gear for the Goldwing. It took up some saddle bag room as I recall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really didn't want to go trike as I got older, and this just might be the answer. At 73 and suffering from effects of life's adventures, it is something to think about. Goal to ride until 90 looks even more attainable.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Really didn't want to go trike as I got older, and this just might be the answer. At 73 and suffering from effects of life's adventures, it is something to think about. Goal to ride until 90 looks even more attainable.
Why stop at 90? :cool:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I looked into these several years ago for an old friend. All the videos show operation on level ground, and without leaning. The wheels deploy and retract automatically, based on road speed, which can be problematic. For example, if turning at an intersection and leaning, if you slow a bit, the wheels drop down and abruptly stand the bike upright, causing the bike to go straight ahead. It's a good concept, but there's still some serious bugs to iron out of it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I looked into these several years ago for an old friend. All the videos show operation on level ground, and without leaning. The wheels deploy and retract automatically, based on road speed, which can be problematic. For example, if turning at an intersection and leaning, if you slow a bit, the wheels drop down and abruptly stand the bike upright, causing the bike to go straight ahead. It's a good concept, but there's still some serious bugs to iron out of it.
Sounds like a manual override interlock switch is needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Watching the video provided, the system is activated by buttons on the handle bar. One up, one down. Maybe others don't work that way.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The first time you think it's all the way up, and it's not, and you get into a good corner,...

Reactions: jettawreck

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Some guys fall over because they thought they put the kickstand down when they didn't, and that has an indicator too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts