GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sold BigBird (my '05 yellow Wing) today :( . Feels strange to walk into an empty garage. I will miss her. She took us over 13,000 wonderful miles in the last 11 months. Also sold my trusty Hannigan trailer.

Time to move on. Looking for an '06 or '07 with ABS. We still have a lot more riding to do.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Are you sure, you can go with something other than yellow? :wink:
It will be tough. It really grew on me. On want to see the new orange up-close. Otherwise, probably Silver or Titanium.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Saw the 07 Orange at Barney's in St Pete this week. Beautiful color...has my vote!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
radbikers said:
Saw the 07 Orange at Barney's in St Pete this week. Beautiful color...has my vote!
I may have to wait to get a good deal on the '07. Union City Honda is asking about $1,000 more the '07 than the '06.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Are you sure, you can go with something other than yellow? :wink:
It will be tough. It really grew on me. On want to see the new orange up-close. Otherwise, probably Silver or Titanium.

not that they aren't nice for sure, but colors like silver & ti tend to blend in . . .

& that could be good or bad, depending on your preference for stealth, or being seen . . .

8)

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Well, I sold BigBird (my '05 yellow Wing) today :( . Feels strange to walk into an empty garage. I will miss her. She took us over 13,000 wonderful miles in the last 11 months. Also sold my trusty Hannigan trailer.

Time to move on. Looking for an '06 or '07 with ABS. We still have a lot more riding to do.
Was ABS your only reason for selling that '05??? It sure seems like there would be a lot of good left in a bike with only 11K miles. Why trade, it's almost identical otherwise.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tvbveb said:
BigBird05 said:

Was ABS your only reason for selling that '05??? It sure seems like there would be a lot of good left in a bike with only 11K miles. Why trade, it's almost identical otherwise.
Yes, the main reason was ABS. I have read so many posts about how ABS has saved riders' bacon that I did not want to risk it any longer. Also, pulling a trailer, I try to be extra cautious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts