GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded of my 2003 Roadking for my first Goldwing 2010. It seems that after riding for a hour, it feels like I am sliding out of my seat and that all the air is out of the foam, so I am sitting on a tin can. Has anyone ordered a Kurayki/Mustang seat? If so does it do the trick to make it more enjoyable to ride? I don't want to spend a $1,000.00 and find out that it does not change anything. Any ideas? Thanks :doorag:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was thinking like you. I ordered a mustang seat got it. The seat material seam very cheap. The seat was comfortable. But I had parts missing and I was not happy with the quality so I sent it back and purchased the ultimate seat. Allot better quality and find it very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I recently installed the Mustang seat and am pretty happy with it so far. 10x better than the stock seat!

I was sliding forward too, and my "boys" were bunching up. Plus I have a 34" inseam and in the stock seat I felt like my knees were hitting the fairing. The Mustang sets you back and down a bit. Plus, it's slimmer so you can hug the bike more.

The Mustang is much firmer than the stock seat... some people like that, some don't. I'm used to having a Corbin on my previous bikes, so I actually prefer a firm seat. I seems more comfortable on longer distance rides.

For the passenger, they sit more upright... which seems to be much more comfortable as a general consensus. Also, my wife feels more secure since she's not sliding around on the seat too.

The seat looks like leather... but I don't think it is. Personally, I like it, and the material prevents me from slipping like on the stock seat.

The backrest is much smaller than I anticipated... but after adjusting it, it fits almost perfectly in the small of my back, which I'm finding to be ultimately more comfortable than my old Utopia which hits me up higher.

I've only rode across town and my comfort level is significantly higher... but I'll give her a long distance road test in a few weeks when I head out to Gatlinburg.

Hope that helps,

Bob

·
Registered
109 Posts
And then there is Russell Daylong...Very Comfy and guaranteed !!!!

If your going to the $1000 price point this is a highly recommended route !!!

Linky

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ultimate King here and it does make all the difference in the world for me. I couldn't ride past two hours without discomfort on the factory seat, with the Ultimate seat I can literally ride from sunrise to sunset with no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all that responded, I will start saving up some money for a new seat and will have to look at the different ones that were recommended. :doorag:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I ride on a stock seat now with a utopia back rest. I have had Corbins in the past and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Ultimate Mid Rider with the passenger backrest for my wife(sits straighter) and we can now ride 600 miles days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts