GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are back a little early. Bad riding condittions put John's bike off the mountain in Maggie Valley the first day we were there. He suffered a couple of broke ribs and was shook up quite a bit. Laurie and I had just completed a sweep back and John hit some gravel and he did not make it. We praise God that he was not hurt worse. We rented him a car and he drove back to Gainesville the next day. Laurie and I continued our trip and we did 1546 miles and also experienced the Dragon (what a rush). We had no problems during the rest of the trip. John is OK and wants another Goldwing ASAP. What a trooper.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
hey...I've got a pic like that!
Glad he wasn't hurt too bad.I walked away from mine with only a small cut on one finger,and some seriously hurt pride!

·
Registered
495 Posts
That could have been us last week. I hit some gravel in a hard turn coming off the Cherohala Skyway. I thought I had just blew a front tire as the whole front seemed to slip to the right. The tire caught, we stayed upright and we pulled over immediately to check the tire and skivvies :lol:

I'm glad your buddy's alright. From the looks of it, his guardian angel was with him!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow. Glad the outcome was not any worse. Gear, what sort of gear was he wearing?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leather Jacket And Gloves And A Darn Good Helmet

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wonderful. Saved by the clothes again.

My spouse and I have vowed to dress correctly while riding. I admit, during the summer, wearing a riding jacket can be very warm, however, after seeing this gal from NM after her accident, I'm a believer.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:( Wow it hurts just seeing the wing upside down, glad no one was seriously injured.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Winger11 said:
:( Wow it hurts just seeing the wing upside down, glad no one was seriously injured.
No kidding! Glad to hear everyone is safe.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hmm.. what I want to know is: "where were you two guys when those bikes LANDED?" Clearly not in the saddle ;)

·
Registered
977 Posts
What a crying shame to see a Goldwing die like that. Sure glad to hear that your friend is ok. Bikes and prides can be mended, but bodies are a little slower to heal. Tell your friend our thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery and the purchase of a new bike.

Be sure and come back to E. TN and N.C. We don't usually send folks home hurt and in a rental car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
CharlieUPI said:
Leather Jacket And Gloves And A Darn Good Helmet
Dude... you're out of uniform! You're supposed to be dressed like this when you crash...

I'm going to file a complaint with the GWRRA (gold wing road rash association) about you wingers that insist on wearing helmet, jackets, and other protective gear. That just ain't right. You guys have an image to uphold :roll:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Valley Creek Drive goes up to Cub Trail. The first sweep back you come to is where it happened. He was on his way down.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I just noticed that you are from Gainesville. Even the Vol fan hope you Gators are all ok. I spent a few weekends in Gainesville many years ago and discovered one important fact. They don't let any ugly women go to the U of F.

Mend fast and get another bike soon. Bought mine from PowerSports Honda in Chattanooga , Tn. Their prices were almost 2K lower than anything I could get in East Tennessee. Bought the bike, extended warranty, TN taxes and about $1400 in accessories for just under 19K.

Good luck and I will see you on the road soon. I am the one with the Big Orange "T" on the back fender.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts