GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any issues with the Goldwing Owners forum? That is, not letting people join?

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
Ha If they let me join they will let anyone:tongue::tongue::tongue:
( been a member for quite a while just never post)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I like this one. It's GL1800's only. I don't have to sift through 1500 stuff, Aspencade stuff, and other stuff to find items of interest to me.

:agree:about the ad bloat, too.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I wouldn't join any forum that would allow me to be a member.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I always like to check out other sites, just because you can almost always find something of interest.

I didn't have any problems with access.

ps. Looks like I just turned into a 'seasoned member'. It must mean that I now know everything. :lol:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Anybody have any issues with the Goldwing Owners forum? That is, not letting people join?
It's sure not stopping the spammers from joining. The forum isn't even worth participating in any more since they are doing nothing to keep spammers from joining and selling everything from A to Z. The only way you may be able to join that forum is to sell something and be a spammer.
A decent forum is www.goldwingdocs.com if you want to participate in another Goldwing Forum. There is also a little known trike forum at www.trikeridersnow.com

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I have been a member for a long time, I think it's a good place, friendly people, not as busy as this forum but still a good place to hang out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always like to check out other sites, just because you can almost always find something of interest.

I didn't have any problems with access.

ps. Looks like I just turned into a 'seasoned member'. It must mean that I now know everything. :lol:
:congrats:
Actually it just means you're aged and marinated....:joke:

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
It's sure not stopping the spammers from joining. The forum isn't even worth participating in any more since they are doing nothing to keep spammers from joining and selling everything from A to Z. The only way you may be able to join that forum is to sell something and be a spammer.
A decent forum is www.goldwingdocs.com if you want to participate in another Goldwing Forum. There is also a little known trike forum at www.trikeridersnow.com
Funny you don't mention Steve Saunders site??

Was really good until they made a mall cop one of the mods
left after that!!!

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Thanks Trike Lady....have registered with Trikeridersnow.com site...

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I'm a huge forum junkie - I'm on several car & motorcycle forums. This one is my favorite because they don't get all wiggie if we have some fun with a topic that most forums would move, and I find a lot of folks on this forum who have a lot of common sense and offer stimulating conversation.

I really don't care much about the Goldwing itself, but that doesn't stop me from checking this forum a few times a day :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Funny you don't mention Steve Saunders site??

Was really good until they made a mall cop one of the mods
left after that!!!
I did belong to the Steve Saunders site for a short while, just didn't feel too welcome there.
Some forums have 'Net Nannies', they monitor everything from off color words to symbols for cuss words '#&*$'. I've parted ways with a number of forums in the last year and don't miss them.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
This is the Goldwing owners forum.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

+1 on goldwingdocs.com Trike Lady! :thumbup: His site plus Steve Saunders goldwingfacts.com have helped me a lot both on the '82 GW 1100 and '03 GW 1800.
I mainly stay on gl1800riders.com which as you know is awesome itself with advice of things like coolant change, rear drive change, etc...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts