GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I use Yahoo Email & when I want to send a pic of the Wing . So ,while using Yahoo mail the #% Yahoo Email times me out, as I call it & the opening screen comes up listing my "User " name with a blank "password" . I have to type in the password & them I see the Email letter I have been tying . Many times it is a partial letter, so of the words are gone that I just typed .
Any ideas how to set up my yahoo Email so this does not continue ?
Oh, anouther thing yahoo mail beeps when I open my mail , does anyone know how to turn that anoying thing off ?:?
Thanks

·
Banned
3,197 Posts
This is a generic answer...

If the image is too large any free email service will time out. Check the image size and re-size it so it's smaller (a good rule of thumb is under 1mb).

As to the text disappearing... highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard so you can paste it back into the letter without retyping the whole letter (the clipboard is really just a term for "copy to the computer's memory").

And for the sound... a quick solution is to turn down or "mute" the speakers.

______

If you don't have a program to re-size images try "google" with the term "freeware & re-size images" . You should be able to find a few choices that are free. PS: don't be fooled by the term "free download". "freeware" is zero cost.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
as to shutting off a sound, it depends on your operating system. on XP you right click on the speaker icon and hit "adjust audio properties" and go to "sounds" tab. In the lower box click on the sound you want to change click on the arrow in the right side of the sound name box at the bottom and you will probably need to scroll up on that list to find "none" click that and then "apply" at the bottom. Voila...

If you are in another OS, let me know and we'll get you the instructions...:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts