GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just told Honda has issued a 3% price increase on all new orders due to the decline of the dollar Vs yen. Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You don't see this on the internet. The bikes are selling way below MSRP. Checkout Ebay for new 2012 goldwings.

·
Banned
350 Posts
No surprise. the USD has declined over 10% against the YEN in the past 12 months - which is amazing since the YEN is based on the economy of the highest debt/output ratio (major) country on the planet - Japan.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I talked to a dealer about a week ago and he mentioned the increase in the $900. range. He also said the date of the increase but I can't recall when it was other than this fall yet.

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Yes, the dealers were sent a memo that there would be an increase.

Funny thing is, labor in Japan is a fraction of what it costs here, but I didn't see any price decrease when they moved production to Japan.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was told by 3 dealers that their next shipments would reflect the increase of 3% , not affecting current inventory.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I was told starting in October.

·
Registered
714 Posts
A new GW costs about $23K or so...

3% of $23K = $690 (ouch)

Oh, that stinks. I think I can make that up by not going to DQ for a couple of weeks.

:lol:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Might just be what keeps me from getting a new bike. I was already having a problem spending $4k more for the exact same bike I bought in 2006.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
It's not really the price of Goldwings increasing, it's the value or buying power of the US dollar.

The value of a US dollar will be about a dime if nobama is reelected.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
It's not really the price of Goldwings increasing, it's the value or buying power of the US dollar.

The value of a US dollar will be about a dime if nobama is reelected.

:agree:

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
True estimate of the dollar's buying power - the cost of gold in dollars.

Joe T.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
No facts please

MEJOJO, Please do not try to confuse the issue with facts !!! LOL!! Ride safe, Dave

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I talked to a dealer about a week ago and he mentioned the increase in the $900. range. He also said the date of the increase but I can't recall when it was other than this fall yet.
wow, that's pretty steep. Makes the "new" '12s even less attractive.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I was shopping a new Lexus RX350 the other day and was told the 2012 models will be $1,500 more than the current models. Same car, no changes.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
What's your point?
I'll guess his point is this: The only real monetary standard is gold. And gold is not rising in value; it's the dollar that is declining in value. Therefore, it takes more dollars to buy the same amount of gold than it did before.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts