GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in jacksonville. i currently ride a suzuki 1250 sport tourer. i'm seriously leaning toward a goldwing. but before i drop 25 grand on a bike i want to ride it...for eight hours non stop. if the goldwing won't go a long distance better than what i have, then i don't need it. anyone know where i can't rent for a day? the dealership did offer up a test ride if i am serious about buying but i won't to ride one long before i become a serious buyer. there's too much t learn about these bikes for a quick decision. there's also good deals on used bikes as well as rip offs too.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was looking to rent a wing when I was on a cruise to Key West. No one in Key west rented them but there was a place in Orlando that rented them. www.rental-motorcycle.com was the place. They have locations all over.

i live in jacksonville. i currently ride a suzuki 1250 sport tourer. i'm seriously leaning toward a goldwing. but before i drop 25 grand on a bike i want to ride it...for eight hours non stop. if the goldwing won't go a long distance better than what i have, then i don't need it. anyone know where i can't rent for a day? the dealership did offer up a test ride if i am serious about buying but i won't to ride one long before i become a serious buyer. there's too much t learn about these bikes for a quick decision. there's also good deals on used bikes as well as rip offs too.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Big Damn difference in 8 hours on a Bandit and 8 hours on a Wing! I've spent 8 hours on my Triumph Tiger 1050 "Sport Touring" and I'd rather be on my Wing for long rides! Comfort and wind protection is far superior and the handling isn't bad for a 900 pound bike! My 2c.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks backlash. my epiphony was my 15.5 hour ride to new york. i knew there had to be a better way. but no dealer is going to loan me a bike to put 1500 miles on in two days. so far i have not been able to find a wing rental :(

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
eaglerider had them in Orlando when I needed one a few years go. They were working on a couple in from England when I walked in. The couple were heading out for a week on one.....

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
:agree: What R64Charlie said. I have two. Wouldn't trade them in for all the tea in China. Just sayin'!:tongue: BTW... hey Glenn.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Good morning Hal, sipping some coffee up here at Lisa's in the Smoky Mountains.
Morning Glenn! You are putting some miles on that Yellow Wing!!:yes1:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they're all renting harleys :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Morning Glenn! You are putting some miles on that Yellow Wing!!:yes1:
Good evening, just put the new rear kumo rf through the dragon and cherohala skyway, scraped the pegs quite a few times..... I absolutely love the stability of the tire with Lisa on the back.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Good evening, just put the new rear kumo rf through the dragon and cherohala skyway, scraped the pegs quite a few times..... I absolutely love the stability of the tire with Lisa on the back.
:thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,845 Posts
Just came back from ohio on 18 hr jaunt did it on a royal star couple years ago no comparison love my wing you can buy a new 2010 in crate for under $18,000 with $1000 of farkles

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I hope you are able to rent on to satisfy your comparison. I will tell you as others here have - you won't be dissappointed!

Hands down the Wing is worth every cent when it comes to long distance touring! 2 up is a breeze! Just sayin' :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts