GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid $16,000 OTD for my Goldwing back in 2003.

Today, nine years and 140,122 miles later State Farm has given me $11,000 back. Not too shabby :thumbup:

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Not a bad deal...

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I give mine to State Farm will they give me some money back, too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good for you, Glad you didn't get screwed with badly. After all what insurance adjuster is going to believe two wheeled mountain lion hunting.
Are you healing up well?

greginky

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you didn't get screwed with badly. After all what insurance adjuster is going to believe two wheeled mountain lion hunting.
Funny you mention that. My deductible on collision was $500, on comprehensive $100. Animal strikes are covered under comprehensive, and I thought the adjuster was going to give me smack for claiming a lion. Lucky it was in the accident report and State Farm did me fine. I'm doing good, should be ready for the Minuteman 1000 rally in June for sure.

BTW, congrats to you both on the great finish. Top half, not to shabby for a couple of rookies :thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rob,

What kind of insurance premium surcharge do you have to pay for racking up huge mileage?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob,

What kind of insurance premium surcharge do you have to pay for racking up huge mileage?
$46/year to go from the standard (for Maine) nine month policy to a year round policy with no mileage limitations. I've been known to put 10,000 miles on the bike between November and April, when many bikes up here are tucked away in storage.

Bike is used mostly for pleasure. Since I don't work for two and a half months each summer, I get to put on a LOT of pleasure miles on the bike. My winter miles are typically 3 runs to Florida during school breaks (Xmas, Feb, April).

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Damn...I missed it. Pt. me to the thread where you hit the lion. Glad your ok...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I wonder how much that damn little green lizard would give me for my Wing? I am not insured by him but I figure he would look great on my red Wing.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I had Geico when I "total'ed" my 04 VTX Retro 1800. After riding it home from tulsa to Ft Smith (120 miles), the adjuster came out. Originally I gave $8200 (new on ebay) and they issued me a check for $9200. That was after 2 yrs and 36,000 miles. Geico really paid up. Then my premium soared. Progressive and Flo are covering the wing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I screwed up and dropped full coverage on my '06 when I paid it off. Shortly after, I totaled it and had to buy a new GW with nothing to show for it. Note to self - keep full coverage; it doesn't cost that much.

:banghead:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Farmer's, the other guy's insurance, paid me $16,800 for my 2005 GW in Sept. 2009 after the idiot pulled in front of me. The bike was nearly five years old, had 86,000 miles, and cost me $20,700 new. I thought the adjuster was nuts but didn't turn it down. A coworker said the increased value was probably for all the optional equipment I didn't factor in. That changed my view somewhat...

J.D.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
They sure do hold the value...I added a rider to my policy for 2 dollars a month which states I will recieve full replacement cost if my bike is totaled..So if I ever have an accident my bike will be replaced with a new one no matter how old it is...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Glad yr mending Rob. Good outcome on insurance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts