GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at seat cushion and wondered about 2 specific items and anyone's experience with them. They are:

1. Aqua Aire Water & Air Seat Cushions

and

2. Air Vent Seat Cushions
a. Perforated leather
b. Ultra leather

They are about the same price but both look like they will do the job for under $60.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
826 Posts
Had a couple of the Ultra Cool AirVents for about 3 years. Work for me.
I can ride 6-700 miles a day no problem. Everyone's posterior is different so what works for me may not for you. My brother says I have an affliction known as noassatall

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Several people I know including my S/O are using a seat cushion from Wal-Mart. It is a flat rubber on one side and square honey combs on the other enclosed in a cloth/mesh cover. The price is about $18.00 in the auto section. I know of several passenger/riders that like it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
seat cushion

I use aqua aire. Just don't over fill it. Only about 20%
It is extremely comfortable. And I won't ride without it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have the Air Vent Ultra....works great. You can really feel the air entering the sides of the cushion.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
yellowtrike said:
I have the Air Vent Ultra....works great. You can really feel the air entering the sides of the cushion.
That is what I have, but because I wear clothes when I drive, I don't
feel any air. I noticed that I do not get a wet butt from sweating, but
I do not feel an airflow. Now put some clothes on ! :lol:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I have Aqua Air and like it. Only problem is it raises me up about 1.5" so I can't flat foot it and my shoulders start to ach from reaching for the handle bar. Different genetics would help with the first, Reg Risers the latter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
g1nomad said:
yellowtrike said:
That is what I have, but because I wear clothes when I drive, I don't
feel any air. I noticed that I do not get a wet butt from sweating, but
I do not feel an airflow. Now put some clothes on ! :lol:
I use the Air Vent and was quite supprised at the outcome. It helps "a lot" in the summer time and improves comfort like no tomorrow. I've rode all day with no discomfort at all. I do get off the bike every hour to hour and a half however to stretch.

http://airventusa.com/goldwingo3.htm

W

·
0 Posts
I use Walmart cushion AND Aqua aire together. Works great but remember, it will raise you up a couple inches but I'm 6' 1", and the extra height is perfect in my case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts