GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
How many Goldwing snowbirds riders take their scoots to warmer climates for the winter for either a couple weeks or all winter?

Sure would be sweet.

Cheers!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't yet, but plan to when I retire. We'll have a fifth wheel with a "back porch" where I can store the wing while in transit.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
How many Goldwing snowbirds riders take their scoots to warmer climates for the winter for either a couple weeks or all winter?
My GW lives full time in my snowbird home (AZ). I have another bike (HD) at my other home in CO so I don't have to haul either one back and forth. This way I can fly when airfares are especially attractive or drive when the mood takes me. I've ridden every day since I came down to AZ in mid-October. I may have to take a day off and give ole Betsy a rest day.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
We are going to FL in Feb. We were going to trailer the Wing down. But now that I am going to sell it, I will just detail it, not put any more miles on it and wait till I get my new one.

Dawg

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm taking mine to Fort Myers in Jan for 2 weeks

750valk

·
Registered
453 Posts
I take mine from Canada to Yuma, Az for about 5 1/2 months each winter.

It is great to ride almost year round.

Harvey

·
Registered
30 Posts
Four of as are going down to Florida in Jan. and staying till April 1st. Wifes will fly in and out as vacations come up for them.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Wheels2, couldn't agree with you more! It is great to be able to run over 50,000kms (30,000mls) so far this year. I will start the new clock running 2nd week of January.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
the hobo & Betty plan to be in Az.,Benson/Yuma,maybe Apache Junction areas from mid Feb to early April. 8)
the hobo

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of out of state bikes lately...you really notice them as they try to get around the cage doing 50 MPH in the left lane...and then again as they dodge the codge turning right from the left lane right in front of them...

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
It's been SO cold here (28 this morning), of course
... ever since I purchased my new wing.

I've been SERIOUSLY thinking about going to South Florida with the bike for a few months.

Dennis
Central Florida
:)

... just kidding guys
... come on down down the weather is fine
... just watch out for the vision impaired 4-wheel snowbirders
... seems like there are more than usual this year.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
it's even cold down here...must be around 65 this morning! had to shut off the A/C again and open the windows...

·
Registered
949 Posts
I rode my Wing down to our FL condo in Oct. This is my second year to do this. We'll rejoin it after we celebrate Christmas with our kids and grandkids. Besides riding it during our stay there, I get the distinct pleasure of riding it back north in the spring. The only trailer I want my wing around is the Bushtec that sometimes follows me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hook the trailer up to the motorhome and haul the bike to Arizona every December. That 'bout handles our needs, a place to sleep and a Gold Wing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts