GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is website in the process of a gold wing trike,first one,whats the best year to start with,been riding 2 wheeler all my life,retired ,had back surgery new to th,healed up good ,trying to still ride without pain from holding up bike,any sugestions? rode harleys for the last 25 yrs,there to hot in traffic,to much vibrations.heard nothing but good about the wings.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
If you are looking for suggestions I'll give you my worthless opinion. As for best year I would go with the newest you can afford. I personally bought a new one and haven't looked back. Have 76K on it and it's a '13. Ride all the different kits you can ride. My recommendation with your back problems is go with independent suspension and a rake kit. I have a 4.5 degree and have ridden a 6 degree and the 6 degree steers much easier than the 4.5. Other than that buy what you like and ride it. I own a Hannigan but won't say it's better than any other kit. I just liked it better than the others and don't ask me why because I don't know. It's kind of like buying a Chevy or Ford. JMHO

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
IMHO, I would look for at least an 07 or newer. The 01-05 had a smaller cooling system and early years had overheating issues. The 06 was the first year with the larger radiators. Also, I believe that from 09 on up, the heated seats and grips are standard. If an onboard GPS is your thing, then you want at least an 09 or 10 as the 06-08 will no longer get updates and are a pretty anemic system anyway. With the 09-up, you can also get XM weather which a buddy of mine has and has helped out when out on trips. I believe you can also get xm traffic as well. The 12-up also have junction view and the ability to create routes on your computer and transfer them to the bike. I am also a fan of the ABS braking. Not sure what trike kits retain that capability but I do know it's possible on California Sidecar kits.

But like dwatc mentioned, try and get the newest that you can afford...

Reactions: Pooch
1 - 4 of 4 Posts