GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from another forum. Prayers to the riders!!!!

Passed a bad accident in Pennsylvania this afternoon....Route 209 South outside Stroudsburg.. I was going South....Goldwing going north....when I got the scene, the trailer was still headed north..
the Wing was behind the trailer, with the front of the Wing headed south into the Guard Rail.. Looks like the rider or riders were thrown over the guardrail and down the embankment....

All I could surmise was the Wing had to pull a panic stop, the trailer did whatever it had to do, came off the hitch of the Wing....how the Wing was facing the opposite direction and buried in the guardrail is something to be examined......but no riders were in sight and people were directing all their attention down to the gully......could not stick around to see what happened

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
At the risk of being slammed for this

I wonder what was so important that you could not stop and help out a fellow winger

I saw the GWRRA up here go by a rider down on the sea to sky and was very very put out
( I was in the midst of turning around when they went by)

·
Banned
8,220 Posts

I wonder what was so important that you could not stop and help out a fellow winger

I saw the GWRRA up here go by a rider down on the sea to sky and was very very put out
Sometimes it is not safe to stop in traffic. Might not have been room to pull off by the time he saw it.

·
Registered
397 Posts

The first line of his post says he copied it from another forum, not him ... R.I.F. - reading is fundamental

See you out there
Smokey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some people are to quick to jump!

The key word here was that he said there were people looking "down in the gully" well that means there were people already assisting and that it was not a good idea to stop in an unsafe area such as a traffic accident when there were already people helping. I believe proceeding though the scene in a safe manner was the correct thing to do in ths case. The thumbs up is for John.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

You will/should be slammed due not keeping YOUR nose in YOUR business,,,,seems you canucks are always quick to criticize....:roll::roll::roll:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

I try to stay out of criticizing because it starts name calling. It looks like YOU always jump on people immediately. It really isnt called for and helps no one. Kinda weird that you feel the need ; and yes the majority of your posts are ugly!:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The first line of his post says he copied it from another forum, not him ... R.I.F. - reading is fundamental
So now we have, within the space of 7 posts . . . 1) a judgemental assumption, 2) a Canadian bashing, and 3) a value judgement of a poster's negative history --- all because no one (except Smokey) actually read the OP's information correctly! What's wrong with you people?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You will/should be slammed due not keeping YOUR nose in YOUR business,,,,seems you canucks are always quick to criticize....:roll::roll::roll:

Wow and this coming from a Texan.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

Sounds like help was already there, to many people, or gawkers just get in the way.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts

Another "Ready, Fire, Aim" moment, I see. It always pays to aim (a.k.a read and think) before you fire off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts