GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I need to get this cleared up once and for all. Why can't I buy a warranty from Hal for a good price if I live here? What alternatives are there?

That warranty is only interesting to me if I can get it for a good price...I guess I could wait for 2 more years and see if I move or something.

Or "sell it" or something? Honestly....what gives??:popcorn:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Okay, I need to get this cleared up once and for all. Why can't I buy a warranty from Hal for a good price if I live here? What alternatives are there?
Hey Scott...

The State of Florida regards extended warranties as "insurance", and sellers must comply with state law regarding the sale of "insurance." The part of the law that comes into play is that Florida prohibits "discounting" insurance, so your extended warranty must be sold in Florida at the FULL price. You can still buy it from a dealer, but at full price. I think Hal just cant be bothered with the hassle dealing with Florida laws.

You can get around it by having a residence (use your imagination) in another state for the purpose of buying the warranty. If you buy it out of state it should still be honored IN state.

At least, this is the way I understand it. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again..., but only if I get caught being wrong. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I want the extended warrantee but don't want to pay full price if I don't have to. If anyone has a cure, let me know.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts