GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I'm in the middle, almost, of putting on Torq Loops and Torq Daytona's on my bike. The left side doesn't have the Catalytic Converter on it at this point. It is a great sound, for a short while. I'll have the project completed by Thursday evening and the bike put back together again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzP5fDa3VU

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Kinda sounds like..........

A mouse farting in a tin can........

Now do not get mad.......I find it hard to behave sometimes. :roll::roll:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda sounds like..........

A mouse farting in a tin can........

Now do not get mad.......I find it hard to behave sometimes. :roll::roll:
The video really doesn't do the sound any justice. Like I said, I only had one side completely bare, left. You could feel the sound in your chest and it was loud, very loud and deep too. I can only imagine how it sounds with both sides bare. This is short lived though. Back to muffled sound by Thursday night. It was/is fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Back just after I got my 02, we were in Fredericksburg TX and saw an old dude with a new wing that had taken the cats and covers off and replaced them with galvanized water pipe. Sounded like total crap but he sure was proud of his custom exhaust. :thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I was just messing around. Was on my mind, cause I tole a friend that about his Harley. He bought some new cobra pipes for his bike. Came by to use the lift to put them on. So he was all proud, tole him they sound like a mouse farting in a tin can. Lol!! With a smile.

The wing sounds fine, would most likely get on your nerves after a bit at higher speeds.

Have seen straight pipes on a Valk, they are pretty cool.

Kit

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Hey Jay! You forgot to take your socks off for the video!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I actually finished the project this morning. I got tired and very sore last night. So, I gave up last night and finished up this morning. I had Torq Masters on my 03 and really liked it. The Torq Loops do add a little deeper sound to the Torq Master Daytona pipes. I like the looks of the Daytona pipes and the sound a lot. Not loud, just a deeper throatier sound.

Having said all that, I don't think I will ever tackle that kind of project again, on my own. I don't have enough hands and feet to keep everything aligned up to get everything right. My floor jacks came in handy during this project, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Jay, you going to do another video? Maybe trying to get the sound at different places near the bike.
Love to hear the final sound.
Does taking the Cats off affect the fuel/air computer or ECM? or does it readjust with no problems?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jay, you going to do another video? Maybe trying to get the sound at different places near the bike.
Love to hear the final sound.
Does taking the Cats off affect the fuel/air computer or ECM? or does it readjust with no problems?
Torq advertises that the ECM automatically adjusts within about 15 or 20 miles and that the ECM loves the Torq Loops and Torq Masters. I went for about a 30 mile ride today and I could tell that some things were going on. The sound was a little different the last couple miles than it was during the first couple. The first few miles, there wasn't that downshifting kinda backfiring noise. The last few miles, you could start to hear it during downshifting (a sound I like by the way). I did not notice any, (I can't remember the name of it, the sound of both exhausts synchronizing) at 28 hundred RPM like I did when I had only the Torq Masters on my 03 (again, a sound I really liked).

Video to come soon.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
And now shoes? What's this world coming to!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts