GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used rear wheel with CT to try and put it on this past weekend. Continental 195/55-16 35 psi It seems to ride better than the mc tire just going to take some getting used to when leaning it reminds me of when the mc tire gets worn and flat in the middle of the tread the effort it takes to lean. Does anyone know what the most popular CT is? Thanks

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Last time I checked, the Kumho ECSTA (KU31) was the most popular run-flat and the Falken ZE-912 was the most popular non run-flat.

Welcome to the DS.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Last time I checked, the Kumho ECSTA (KU31) was the most popular run-flat and the Falken ZE-912 was the most popular non run-flat.

Welcome to the DS.
:agree: Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!! :congrats::thumbup:

·
Registered
353 Posts

Welcome to the DS.
:agree:Too.........Welcome

·
Registered
973 Posts
it reminds me of when the mc tire gets worn and flat in the middle of the tread the effort it takes to lean.
That's the first time I have heard it described that way. Personally , I don't think there is any similarity between the two at all. With a worn MT you can feel the tire come up on the edge, I have not ever felt that effect with a CT. Probably because it doesn't run on the edge. I thnk Nandyman1 needs to put some miles on his CT.
MM

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I got the Ecsta to start with, got a flat (ran it without knowing I had a nail...so it worked)...but rather than plug and ride I gave it to someone and got the Falken. Actually like the Falken better from a ride and cost perspective, but obviously not a run flat.

Either one works great as do many of the others, particularly when you ride two up / trailer/ uninteresting roads like in FL.

Ride safe no matter what...enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
increased tire pressure to 38 psi

I had my ct continental 195/55-16 at 35 psi and it seemed a little hard to turn and after reading many columns decided to increase my air press to 38 psi and see. Just got back from a ride 2 up and the wife commented on how good it rode it also worked real well in the turns. I will find out next week if it's ok with just me on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tire temp at 38 psi

I'VE BEEN RIDING WITH 38 PSI FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND ALL IS GOOD DON'T KNOW ABOUT TIRE WEAR BUT TIME WILL TELL. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TEMPERATURE THE CT SHOULD RUN ( CONTINENTAL 195/55-16 38 PSI ) 2005 GL1800 I KNOW THE CT TEMP WILL DEPEND ON AIR TEMPAND AIR PRESSURE. I CHECKED MINE THIS AFTERNOON AFTER RIDING ABOUT 50 MILES AIR TEMP WAS 95*F AND THE E3 ON FRT WAS 110 AND THE CT WAS 138*F:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Welcome! Is your Conti a run flat or non-run flat?

·
IronMan
17,807 Posts
Welcome it just gets better ride safe

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WELCOME, and :congrats: on the tire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Non run flat

About the temp on the back tire one thing I noticed was that the centerstand was the same temp as the rear tire so the tire temp is increased by the ambient, and motor temp.:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts